Black Spirituality Religion : Are less intelligent people always religious?

By the phrasing of this thread title, it looks like it must be YOUR standards that intelligence and religiosity are measured by.

Oh lawd!

This thread is actually a response to another thread with the opposite title in the atheist forum. It's actually intended to provide a fair playing field for the RELIGIOUS. :fyi:

The thread's title is a question of which i have answered with my OPINION as others have. What your problem is with my title i have no clue.

Sometimes I feel like I am crying into the wilderness, to my sisters and brothers in Christ, and to my sisters and brothers who live in this world with me. It is heavy on my heart at moments....if only....

Don't get too disheartened. In the long scale of geologic time, homo sapiens are new born babes. The Earth is maybe 4.6 billion years old. If you think of the earth as being 80 years old, that would make homo sapiens less than 1 day old.

Maybe, it is not that most people are dumb as a bag of rocks, spiritually speaking. Maybe, homo sapiens are actually quick learners, relatively speaking. Maybe, we just need to be more realistic as far as our expectations of where our species should be at this infantile stage of our mortal existence.

I choose to believe that MLK Jr's vision was right, that the day is coming when even the common man will transcend this apparent mortality and take on immortality --- will be born again as spirit. For our Father is Spirit and those who worship him must do so in spirit and in truth.

But, for now, our job is to plant the seeds. Just as the Christ characterized it in the parable of the sower [Luke 8:4-13].

Some of the seeds will fall by the wayside. Some fall on the rocks. Some fall among thorns. But, we sow because of the occasional seed which does fall on good ground, grow up, and barefruit an hundred fold.

Grok?

HOSHANA!

This thread is actually a response to another thread with the opposite title in the atheist forum. It's actually intended to provide a fair playing field for the RELIGIOUS. :fyi:

The thread's title is a question of which i have answered with my OPINION as others have. What your problem is with my title i have no clue.

And which thread with the opposite title is it in the atheist's forum?

I've looked but don't see it. I'd love to read it!

HOSHANA!

And which thread with the opposite title is it in the atheist's forum?

I've looked but don't see it. I'd love to read it!

It's titled "are religious people less intelligent". I think it's the first thread to ever be started in that forum.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back