Black People : ARE BLACK NAMES STUPID?

This topic is open for discussion. What are "we" to do about this?

Federal Judge: Enough With the Stupid Names

After Judge Cabrera’s historic ruling, little Clitoria Jackson will likely undergo a name change.

(DETROIT) In a decision that’s expected to send shockwaves through the African-American community—and yet, give much relief to teachers everywhere—a federal judge ruled today that black women no longer have independent naming rights for their children. Too many black children—and many adults—bear names that border on not even being words, he said.

“I am simply tired of these ridiculous names black women are giving their children,” said U.S. Federal Judge Ryan Cabrera before rendering his decision. “Someone had to put a stop to it.”

http://thepeoplesnews.wordpress.com/2008/03/02/federal-judge-enough-with-the-stupid-names/

Peace and Blessings Brother MetaSaience ... :love:

When i first saw this, i thought of our Beloved Ancestor, Marcus Garvey ... and how i read or heard that when he was alive, establishing the foundation of his endeavor, naming posts and such ... folk attempted to ridicule and diminish him ... because he had such different, elaborate, grandeur names, than folk had ever heard before.

I don't remember it all exactly, but that was the jist of it.

:heart:

Destee

It's not right to call anyone name or other wise STUPID.
There is nothing stupid about how we name our children,
And if the name is hard to say. It is up to that person
to learn how to pronounce the name. I know I had to.
What would Condoleezza mother say.

It just seem that some people are reaching in all area to have
Control in all forms of our lives. Now it's the naming of our children.
Some names some sounds musical, strong, flowing.
It's just every week it's something. They want to control about us.
And it's always the simple things, the things that they can't control.
Like what to name our children. What do they want names like
License plates (numbers and letters) ?

Peace~N~Love

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back