Black People : ARE BLACK NAMES STUPID?

This article is satire, brought to you by the creative minds at The Peoples News. It’s not real, but we hope it made you think.

The story isn't serious....but it does make one think.
there are sum "exotic" names out there...
it seems the writer of this article has seen many episodes of:Muary,ricki lake, jerry springer......

Psuedo Names

I would say our exotic (bordering on kooky) names is an innate attempt to capture the (indigeneous) linguistic elements that should be assigned to us. It is a way to rebel without being informed. ShaniQua, for instance, has some interesting phonemes. I"ng" or NK Shani"NG"ua. I can remember saying "Hip" Phrases in the hood that didnt have a definitive meaning to it ..it just had a cool sound and people said it different ways to punctuate what they were talking about.

I think there was a thread similar to this one last year and I commented in it so I'll comment in this one too. I was born in 1971 and I have one of those so-called "exotic" names that the judge is referring to. I am proud of my name, I don't necessarily feel that my name is exotic but you won't find my first name in a baby naming book LOL. My parents did not go too far when they named me, but I certainly went to school with some kids who's parents crossed the line IMO.

IMHO some parents are not thinking long term when they are naming these babies. When I was born I think parents just wanted to give their kids differnet names because of the black pride that was going at the time. Now some of these names are just ridiculous and silly. I have seen firsthand how these kids suffer on the first day of school when the teacher is trying to pronounce these exotic names. Especially when I was in school those teachers couldn't say our names and some of us got laughed at by other kids. I lived in the suburbs most of my childhood life so I was usually one of a handfull of black kids in my classroom.

I do not think that the government should have a say in what we name our children but I would rather see parents put a little thought into these names. Other races like to name their kids a certain way and we do the same but because our names aren't in a baby naming book they are deemed different or inferior to standard names.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back