Black Relationships : Any thoughts?

Enthralled

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 17, 2003
I was recently at a luncheon where three very attractive women sitting at our table said that they were taking a course with a woman minister that is teaching them as strong black women how to be submissive to their husbands.

I immediately gave my WTF? expression and the discussion turned into the "wives be submissive to your husbands" business.

I know the husbands of two of the women and if they ever act a fool and turn over the family finances to these guys, they will be homeless before you can turn around three times.:huh:

Of course I understand that if people have faith that they will sometimes completely ignore common sense.

Some of the guys said, "well the man IS supposed to be the leader". That's cute, but based on what? There is nothing inherent in males that make them worthy of leadership. If anything we can look around and see that males tend to be far more trifling in many areas than women.

Any comments?:devil:

men should be leaders head of household in all but as we all
know that's not the case , under no law nor should a woman be
submissive to man nor husband , what may come out if it is a
broken home strip relationship
but their are women who think or have this type of faith
but family finances should be with both as one
i do disagree yes their are lots of thing that make some not all but some is very much worthy
it's just what you have based self on and what one's know
to set thoughts on such but as history unfold u will fine that
men was and still worthy
behind every strong man is a woman as to woman theirs a man
forth this makes it an equal set
we so have the thing to bring our men down that makes them less then what they are as to male also bring our women down to such as if no self esteem......
allow time and self to revamp men and the written word will
sho that men are worthy just been misguided and lost down
the line as the same as woman .

Originally posted by kemetstry
:cool:

When today's woman hears the word submissive, they hear slave at the same time. If you would read the bible, you would understand that it has a different meaning. Moreover, that it gives the man a similar command.
Basically though, it does say you cant wear the pants and the panty hose.
:eek:

That's so true.

"When today's woman hears the word submissive, they hear slave at the same time. If you would read the bible, you would understand that it has a different meaning. Moreover, that it gives the man a similar command.
Basically though, it does say you cant wear the pants and the panty hose."

This of course assumes that everyone sees the bible as unerring truth as opposed to some other unerring truth.

I'm a woman and when I hear the word submissive it brings to mind the word control..

to be submissive, according to the dictionary, is to be meek and obedient..so if a woman is to be submissive in a marriage then she would have to be both, in relation to her husband..therefore in my eyes she cannot be a strong woman, or at least not in the way I perceive a woman to be strong...maybe I'm wrong, but I think that if a woman is required to be submissive in a partnership, then she is not considered an equal partner, but a lesser one, who is there to tend to her husbands wants and needs and not complain about it...

K

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back