Black People : An Open Letter to my Destee Fam!

Truth

Hetep, Peace and Blessings Fam

I haven't been here as long as many, nor have I spoken out on many topics that cross this community.

I have sat back and admired, learned, and laughed with my brothas and sistas as family should. I have seen many come and many go. I've seen the passion for the liberation of us and ours, and I've seen turmoil among our own.

I've witnessed many of the ups and downs that a family, this family has gone through.

With that being said; myself and a few others here have noticed that there has been a draining spirit looming within the community ever since a previous disagreement. Certain things were said, and emotions were high.

But just like a family, disagreements arise. We are all our own persons and it’s bound to happen, but the question is what can we get out of the situation and build upon.

It's my opinion that time spent in disagreement needs to be offset by time spent building and coming up with solutions. If not, we have wasted time in this precious thing called Life to no benefit.

We have too many vehicles of separation to work against us, lets us not take a vehicle that was made for unity and make it useful to our enemy.

I'm not into pointing fingers, or justifying any one person's point of view, but to find something to build upon. All I can do is look at self, learn, and make the proper adjustments so that it will help me in growth.

Just like in any traditional community/ society we all play an intricate part in every situation that arises. My part in the situation was sitting back and observing. Maybe it wasn’t the thing to do, maybe it was a time when I should have spoken out? But that's the part I played, and for that I apologize to my family.

This community is too valuable, the minds here are too profound, and the energy put into it is too immense for division among us. But I know that just like our people always do, we will survive it, and we will move to a higher level because that's just who we are, and that's what we do.

So I ask my family, let’s find the opportunity within this, and let's build once again! Let us use all things to glorify what our ancestors have fought, and sacrificed for.

Let's continue to build this Destee Nation once again!

1 LuV

Peace and Power in Unity
Your Brotha Always
~Qwamii~

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I could not have stated this better myself. And I think that it is something that needed to be said.

I also understand where Kamau47 is coming from

Kamau47
I hope this is not taken the wrong way, but arguing & fussing is a part of who we are.
I am from the streets. Being so, I have seen many of our people engaged in verbal sparring and outright fist fighting (a good example is being in a dice game in some alley, or behind a club some night). Whether it's about money, the lady with the biggest butt, or someones clothes, the arguing goes on; intense & sometimes physical.
But these same persons, who just a few minutes before were enemies, are now laughing it off and have moved on to another subject in unison.
Friends! Boys! Brothers!
Not every question has an answer; and for sure, not every answer will appeal/apply to everyone. If this is the case, then maybe every argument does not have to have an answer or agreement to be valid. Maybe just us getting together like this is important. Nothing lost; Nothing gained.

But... I feel that something should always be gained. Often times there are endless arguments but no resolution! I think that one of the things that was draining about the "situation" was that very little came out of it! What good does that do our people?

mazimtaim
I think the issue is that we need to be trusting here. I don't think any person here at Destee wishes ill will toward our community. I feel that every member here want the absolute best for our people.

We may fight and argue, but we must return to that foundation. We only want the best for Africans. Sometimes perhaps we aren't always clear in communicating that to each other.

While I do believe there are agents among us... for the most part... I agree with this quote. We do want what is best for Africans. But we have to always remember to communicate with PURPOSE. If you are in an argument with someone, the purpose of the argument is to get your point across in a way that maybe someone will see it and make a change in there life, or at least their perspective for the better.

But sometimes when emotions get high, we start to attack people, rather than attack their point of view, or attack the problem. This only causes strained relationships, and more division.

We must ALWAYS remember who our REAL enemy is.​

And like Qwamii said,

It's my opinion that time spent in disagreement needs to be offset by time spent building and coming up with solutions.

Wouldn't we be so much better off if we did this?

This was the most important part of what was said. Thanks Qwamii. We should hold this thread dearly.

FATHER,

I pray for healing with in this plce.

As you are able and omnipotent of all things,

I pray your blessing and your hand upon the spirit of DESTEE

Keep us, that we might not stray in the most crucial of times.
That we remain connected and bright spirited at all times.

I pray that we not get weak in the time of stregth.

I pray we stand up and keep our faith,

so that when those who want to see us preish, try and wage the war,

We are mighty and Unified, we will not fall.

Thank you.

In all of your gratefulness and glory,

You hear the prayers that come from one so small.

Amen

Amen!

And thank you!!!!

More prayers for our people! More well-wishing for our community! More hopefulness for our future!!!!

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I could not have stated this better myself. And I think that it is something that needed to be said.

I also understand where Kamau47 is coming from

Kamau47

But... I feel that something should always be gained. Often times there are endless arguments but no resolution! I think that one of the things that was draining about the "situation" was that very little came out of it! What good does that do our people?

mazimtaim

While I do believe there are agents among us... for the most part... I agree with this quote. We do want what is best for Africans. But we have to always remember to communicate with PURPOSE. If you are in an argument with someone, the purpose of the argument is to get your point across in a way that maybe someone will see it and make a change in there life, or at least their perspective for the better.

But sometimes when emotions get high, we start to attack people, rather than attack their point of view, or attack the problem. This only causes strained relationships, and more division.

We must ALWAYS remember who our REAL enemy is.​

And like Qwamii said,

Wouldn't we be so much better off if we did this?

This was the most important part of what was said. Thanks Qwamii. We should hold this thread dearly.

brown_hOrnet,
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Very powerful brown!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back