Black Spirituality Religion : ADAM AND EVE. Please be honest and answer this.

Yes I understand. Believing in story retold to you substitutes for self knowledge. It does defy logic I totally agree. But this is not about logic.

This is about something not based on a story.

No, you don't understand

No, you don't understand

Yes I understand. Believing in story retold to you substitutes for self knowledge. It does defy logic I totally agree. But this is not about logic.

This is about something not based on a story.

A very interesting side-bar debate you guys having going on ... I tend to agree with the below school of thought:

How do we reconcile faith and logic?

It gets hairy.
I can have faith that a chair will hold me up..but until I sit in it..my faith means nothing. I believe that is at the core of what James was saying when he wrote, “faith without action is dead” (James 2:17).
By using logic one can determine that a four-legged structure with a flat surface made of a strong material such as wood or metal SHOULD hold my body weight if I sit on it.
Both faith and logic are needed.
But there are times when faith trumps logic.
These instances are what bog me down.
My faith does not weaken..because I do truly believe that “with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).

http://www.treybailey.net/2010/10/my-brain-hurts-faith-vs-logic/

A very interesting side-bar debate you guys having going on ... I tend to agree with the below school of thought:

How do we reconcile faith and logic?

It gets hairy.
I can have faith that a chair will hold me up..but until I sit in it..my faith means nothing. I believe that is at the core of what James was saying when he wrote, “faith without action is dead” (James 2:17).
By using logic one can determine that a four-legged structure with a flat surface made of a strong material such as wood or metal SHOULD hold my body weight if I sit on it.
Both faith and logic are needed.
But there are times when faith trumps logic.
These instances are what bog me down.
My faith does not weaken..because I do truly believe that “with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).

http://www.treybailey.net/2010/10/my-brain-hurts-faith-vs-logic/[/quote]

Faith requires a suspension of logic

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back