Black Spirituality Religion : ADAM AND EVE. Please be honest and answer this.

Yes I understand. Believing in story retold to you substitutes for self knowledge. It does defy logic I totally agree. But this is not about logic.

This is about something not based on a story.

No, you don't understand

No, you don't understand

Yes I understand. Believing in story retold to you substitutes for self knowledge. It does defy logic I totally agree. But this is not about logic.

This is about something not based on a story.

A very interesting side-bar debate you guys having going on ... I tend to agree with the below school of thought:

How do we reconcile faith and logic?

It gets hairy.
I can have faith that a chair will hold me up..but until I sit in it..my faith means nothing. I believe that is at the core of what James was saying when he wrote, “faith without action is dead” (James 2:17).
By using logic one can determine that a four-legged structure with a flat surface made of a strong material such as wood or metal SHOULD hold my body weight if I sit on it.
Both faith and logic are needed.
But there are times when faith trumps logic.
These instances are what bog me down.
My faith does not weaken..because I do truly believe that “with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).

http://www.treybailey.net/2010/10/my-brain-hurts-faith-vs-logic/

A very interesting side-bar debate you guys having going on ... I tend to agree with the below school of thought:

How do we reconcile faith and logic?

It gets hairy.
I can have faith that a chair will hold me up..but until I sit in it..my faith means nothing. I believe that is at the core of what James was saying when he wrote, “faith without action is dead” (James 2:17).
By using logic one can determine that a four-legged structure with a flat surface made of a strong material such as wood or metal SHOULD hold my body weight if I sit on it.
Both faith and logic are needed.
But there are times when faith trumps logic.
These instances are what bog me down.
My faith does not weaken..because I do truly believe that “with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).

http://www.treybailey.net/2010/10/my-brain-hurts-faith-vs-logic/[/quote]

Faith requires a suspension of logic

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back