Black Relationships : Asking a Woman’s Father For Her Hand In Marriage

It may not be the most popular gesture these days, but it's still a show of respect; although, it may be a meaningless one. being on my third marriage, i've asked three fathers for their daughter's hand. the third one never, actually gave me his blessing--he said, "let me think about it" then never got back to me--but he walked his daughter down the aisle...and gave her to me.:)

for most people, the father's opinion doesn't matter. But there are some women out there who would not consider marrying without their father's approval/blessings. for anyone expecting the traditional father to foot the bill for the wedding, they had better ask the question.

Actually that is largely a fairy tale and rich peoples concept. Moreover, James is correct. Too many families don't have fathers to ask

father? she know where to find her father? really?
*smh*

You are so wrong....

Now just go to the corner, James...LOL

images

But, really, if there is no Father, you can ask the Mother, Grandfather, or whoever raised her.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back