Black Sports : You feeling T.O.??

Like Danny Aiello in Do the Right Thing Said "Michael Jordan is more than just black he's great", Spike Lee's character was asking Danny's why did he hate black people so much but have Jordan as his favorite athlete, and that was his reply. I guess that's what the kid thought when he found out that black man was T.O. White people think that black people are incapable of doing things even when it is so obvious, they would rather detach the man's ethnicity from himself than to acknowledge it as being apart of his greatness. Black is inescapable I guess.

Deepvoice said:
Like Danny Aiello in Do the Right Thing Said "Michael Jordan is more than just black he's great", Spike Lee's character was asking Danny's why did he hate black people so much but have Jordan as his favorite athlete, and that was his reply. I guess that's what the kid thought when he found out that black man was T.O. White people think that black people are incapable of doing things even when it is so obvious, they would rather detach the man's ethnicity from himself than to acknowledge it as being apart of his greatness. Black is inescapable I guess.

Actually Danny Aiello said that about Magic Johnson, not Michael Jordan, but that is a good observation brother DeepVoice.

Deepvoice said:
Joe Louis was said to have been so great because he possessed white grandfather or great grandfather as an ancestor. Who happened to be a plantation owner, or slavemaster. That didn't help Joe Louis' intelligence either I guess, because he was said not to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, lol.

I never heard that (about Louis' white heritage); however, I can't say I'm surprised. Whites always look to white lineage, when they struggle to explain a black person's superiority over them. Also you are right, Joe wasn't the smartest brother on the block, but he sure could whup on some white boys!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back