Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Rarely

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
I am an athlete myself and I would have to say that I watch women's sports as much as I can. It give me the inspiration that watching high school sports and rec leagues can never give me. They are never broadcast as much as other sports. Like, recently this weekend, I just watched a volleyball game for the first time since the beginning of the season. I have been going to practice and coming home late and miss it each time. I really do wish that they make more sports for women to give athletes like myself something to look foward to.

I'm going on and on about something.....I think

SayWord said:
I don't discount that women's sports are aggressive in their own way. When I watch basketball, part of me looks up to these athletes. Wishing that I could do what they do. When I look at women's sports, I don't emulate them. I know tons of women who prefer watching men's sports. Of couse there is sh*t talking in women's sports. I wouldn't expect anything less. But trash talk doesn't make you an aggressive athlete, just means you have a fast mouth. The strenghts of the women's game doesn't appeal to me, and it looks like it doesn't appeal to a very large majority of the sports watchers. You're right, the WUSA was doomed to failure. But in all honesty, the WNBA is still around just because it has the fincial backing of the NBA. Clevland has already dumped it's franchise because it keeps losing money. Just like every other team in the WNBA. It's not that I don't think women's sports shouldn't exist, but I don't understand how they will survive. My orginal question was how could women's pro sports generate more interest? And if anyone really enjoys watching it?

ok, ten years later I have a response for this. Women emulate men playing sports because that's what we have to look forward to. It feels sooooooo good to see women's basketball on television. I'm not talking late night on Fox Sports. I'm talking Saturday afternoon double headers. That's unheard of in this country. You don't emulate women playing ball because you don't have to. You relate more to men of course...so that's what you gravitate too naturally. Something like women and their daughters and men and their sons. As a man you wouldn' t love your daughter any less than your son, but your son is a different bond all together. I brought in the point of trash talk because people tend to look at women's sports like we paint our nails and then go shoot layups for 4 quarters. There is a lot of hard work, mental and physical toughness involved in it. These women have been dedicated for years. Your point of the WNBA being supported by the NBA is so true, but how long did it take the NBA to walk alone. The ABA didn't make it...Why not? The women's game will survive because you have bigger, badder and a tougher generation coming strong from junior high and high school teams across the nation. That will boost the college game to a new level and off to the WNBA so it can walk alone. These young girls see women on T.V. and for the past 7 years, the WNBA has been breeding attitudes of domination. It's a different attitude all together coming up. Chicago just sent female athletes to Tennessee, UCONN and some other big namers teams and these young girls are dunking in high school. I'm blabbing again as usual, but for the first 10 years ...they just want young females to take hold of the idea. The years after that...it will walk alone. I just know it will.

oh and i guess it would be nice to answer your question straight up.

Women's sports will generate more interest with more talent and time. Most people didn't pay attention to the Bulls before Jordan. He came along and brought his team to the forefront of the world. One by one people pick up on what others are watching and paying attention too.

And yes people do enjoy watching it. That's what more and more sell out crowds from high school to the WNBA to the French Open are proving. Folks are slowly coming around.

ROY ..............again..... :hammer:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back