Black People : Women in the culture of death: Babymomma drama, female dysfunction help fuel phenomen

Well, honestly, I don't know what will turn us around as a people. We could say get married before having kids, but we all know most marriages in this country fail, so that still leaves more broken homes than stable households. We can say educate the kids, but we are so messed up, how can insane people educate anyone. I really don't think black people as a whole will ever be "right" while living in this country and being influenced so heavily by this society. The reason why kids are so messed up is because of what the article stated. It's not women bashing, it's the truth. Women head many of the households because of broken homes (all of which weren't broken ONLY by men), and as a results, women are acting like whores and men are acting like the fools that most women seem to be attracted to. Our men and women need to grow up and stop acting like chocolate covered white people. There needs to be pride amongst us, and we don't have that and we don't show that we want that. Until we have pride, whether we get married or not, have kids in or out of wedlock, it won't matter.

kente417mojo said:
Well, honestly, I don't know what will turn us around as a people. We could say get married before having kids, but we all know most marriages in this country fail, so that still leaves more broken homes than stable households. We can say educate the kids, but we are so messed up, how can insane people educate anyone. I really don't think black people as a whole will ever be "right" while living in this country and being influenced so heavily by this society. The reason why kids are so messed up is because of what the article stated. It's not women bashing, it's the truth. Women head many of the households because of broken homes (all of which weren't broken ONLY by men), and as a results, women are acting like whores and men are acting like the fools that most women seem to be attracted to. Our men and women need to grow up and stop acting like chocolate covered white people. There needs to be pride amongst us, and we don't have that and we don't show that we want that. Until we have pride, whether we get married or not, have kids in or out of wedlock, it won't matter.

I agree with everything you say, with the exception to your point about marriage. Although half of marriages end up in divorce, this does not automatically mean that children end up living in broken homes. In fact boys and girls, usually, continue a healthy interaction with both parents even after divorce.

However, one thing cannot be under-estimated, and that is the relationship between father and son. Boys learn how to be a man by following the guidance of their father, or a dominant older male. When you remove the latter part of the equation, a boy will have a very difficult time maturing from adolescency to manhood.

Sekhemu said:
I agree with everything you say, with the exception to your point about marriage. Although half of marriages end up in divorce, this does not automatically mean that children end up living in broken homes. In fact boys and girls, usually, continue a healthy interaction with both parents even after divorce.

However, one thing cannot be under-estimated, and that is the relationship between father and son. Boys learn how to be a man by following the guidance of their father, or a dominant older male. When you remove the latter part of the equation, a boy will have a very difficult time maturing from adolescency to manhood.

Well, I see your point Sekhemu. Marriage, if done correctly between two sane, commited people can very rewarding. I still believe that pride and common sense would change our situation drastically, but if you truly have a bond with your mate, marriage can definatelybe a beautiful thing. I just don't think that it's (marriage) the fix-all solution to relationship problems in the black community. If we're not mentally stable and proud to begin with, bringing two people together is not going to help anything, especially when you add children to the mix.

kente417mojo said:
Well, I see your point Sekhemu. Marriage, if done correctly between two sane, commited people can very rewarding. I still believe that pride and common sense would change our situation drastically, but if you truly have a bond with your mate, marriage can definatelybe a beautiful thing. I just don't think that it's (marriage) the fix-all solution to relationship problems in the black community. If we're not mentally stable and proud to begin with, bringing two people together is not going to help anything, especially when you add children to the mix.

Very well said, I agree.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back