Black People : Women in the culture of death: Babymomma drama, female dysfunction help fuel phenomen

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Aug 29, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.communityjournal.net/opinion_walker_111302.htm

2. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Just my opinio, for every single woman that has a child, there is a male who helped create it. While true, the mentality of the kid suffers, the physcal needs of being fed, clothed, educated (even though questionable) taken to the doctor when sick etc., are usually supplied in someway even if it's not the best. Where is the father to supply even one of these needs?

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    I'm having trouble seeing the point of this article.
    it offers no solution and does not tie the problem into the larger context.
    it's just a bash of black females.
    how does that help?

4. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I agree. I wasn't sure, but what I got from it was that it was blaming women for the downfall of the culture. Is that the authors intent Panafrica?

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Only the author can tell his intent (I'm not the author); however, many journalist only detail problems or occurances with no intention of presenting a solution. That would appear to be the case with this article.

6. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    The article does seem to have a negative slant, but I guess you can't be PC all the time.

But anyway, women do need to be more careful with their bodies. In addition, they need to encourage their sons to do the right thing by their children. I think if more 'baby daddies' were forced by their mothers to be involved in their kids' lives, they might actually become attached to them. Too often the mother is more vocal than her son when it comes to avoiding taking responsibility for the life he has created. It makes no sense either when she herself was abandoned by her boyfriend when her child or children were born.

Granted, if the kid is not living in your house there isn't much you can do, but if he is and it's proven by a blood test he is the father, then taking care of the kid should be an automatic rule of the house. And of course, even outside the house mom can still have an influence. Most adults do still care on some level what their parents think, even if they don't agree with them.

7. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
  8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I've raised similar points as well...although what I said was better written of course!

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    The communal acceptance of child abandonment: A child not only being rejected by the father, but by all relatives on the father's side of the family. That is a phenominon I've written about as well!

10. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Sorry to say, this is wishful thinking at best. This is why these males are called "baby daddies" instead of fathers and husbands. They don't know how to be responsible. For some reason or another they were never taught how to be a man, and apparently the females that continue to open their legs to them are having trouble identifying what a real man is.

I hate to say it, but it seems boys are allowed to do whatever they want with no understanding of consequences and paramaters. I think one of the solutions to this problem is for people to take more time to get to know each other and stop having children before marriage.