Black People : Who is Larry Summers?

Huffington Post; September 22, 2010

Larry Summers is, or soon will be, officially out. The shouts from liberals and progressives are as deafening as the groans from Summer's Wall Street pals. The troika of Summers, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, and Robert Rubin, the other top Obama economic advisor, are reviled and condemned for giving away the taxpayer store to the big bankers and Wall Street houses. Or spun the bank's way, for shoring up a tottering financial system and preventing total collapse.

www.huffingtonpost.com

Larry Summers Withdraws His Name From Fed Chair Job

The Huffington Post | By Ashley Alman Posted: 09/15/2013 4:33 pm EDT | Updated: 09/15/2013 11:37 pm EDT

Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Larry Summers has removed his name from consideration for Federal Reserve chair, The Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday.
Summers notified President Barack Obama on Sunday via phone call, and sent a letter shortly after.
"I have reluctantly concluded that any possible confirmation process for me would be acrimonious and would not serve the interest of the Federal Reserve, the Administration or, ultimately, the interests of the nation's ongoing economic recovery," Summers said in the letter.
Obama accepted the withdrawal from Summers in a statement from the White House, calling the former secretary "a critical member" of his team:
"Larry was a critical member of my team as we faced down the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, and it was in no small part because of his expertise, wisdom, and leadership that we wrestled the economy back to growth and made the kind of progress we are seeing today. I will always be grateful to Larry for his tireless work and service on behalf of his country, and I look forward to continuing to seek his guidance and counsel in the future.":10500:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back