Black People : Conservative; Larry Elder.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kenny Jones, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Kenny Jones

Kenny Jones Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +60

Your thought?

K

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Yours first... break down what one thinks about what he was saying.

3. Kenny Jones

Kenny Jones Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +60
    Fair enough; here is a list of things he said that I agree with:

Larry Elder
    965 people were killed by cops last year, 4% of them were white cops shooting unarmed blacks.
    In Chicago where population is 1/3 black, 70% of the homicides were black on black with 75% of those homicides unsolved. Where is the black outrage with that.

(Reply)
    Here he spits out a lot of stats, I haven’t checked to see how accurate they are, but if what he is saying is true, there is something very wrong with what we see in the media. If only 4% of the police shootings are white cops shooting unarmed black men, IMO most of the outrage we see is media induced because all we get from the media is the 4% and the 96% is ignored; and people are reacting to what they see from the media

Larry Elder
    1900 a Black kid was more likely to be born into a nuclear intact family than a white kid. We launched this war on poverty in the 1960”s when Lyndon Johnson sent people door to door allowing women welfare as long as there was no man in the house; and we went from 25% of black children born out of wedlock in 1965 to the 75% we have right now. Both liberal and conservative sources agree there is a direct link between crime, bad schools, going to prison and not having a father in the house. This is a discussion nobody wants to talk about because it might cause them to rethink their assumptions.

(Reply)
    Here makes the point that welfare resulted in the breakdown of the black family, and this is what leads to the major issues black people are dealing with today, an issue nobody wants to talk about it. I think this is an excellent point

Larry Elder
    The number 1 cause of preventable deaths of white men is car accidents. The number 1 cause of preventable deaths of black men is homicide committed by other blacks. I am called Coconut, as in brown on the outside white on the inside, Oreo; same concept, Uncle Tom, they have got to malign someone like me because I am a bigger threat to their way of thinking than anybody else. I’ve never heard Rush Limbaugh called anti white because he criticizes white liberals; but I criticize black liberals and they call me anti black.

(Reply)
    Here he makes some points about anybody that goes against “the powers that be” in the black community, are vilified; but the same is not for whites. And this idea that car accidents is #1 killer of whites, and homicide is #1 killer of blacks is something everybody should be outraged about.

Larry Elder
    The democratic party is completely beholden to the teachers Union and vise versa. The Union is opposed to vouchers where the money follows the kid rather than the other way around. Inner City parents want vouchers because they know the schools in their neighborhoods suck! because only 3% of the kids can do math at grade level. Privatizing social security, school vouchers, abortion, same sex marriage, all of these issues black people are not in lock step with the democratic party. But the Democratic party has convinced black people that racism, this white cop, this man is out to get you, so vote for me and I will fix all of that.

(Reply)
    Here he makes the claim that the Democratic party has successfully convinced black people to vote race, and ignore all the other issues. I think there are other reasons blacks vote primarily democratic that he didn’t mention, but he made some good points about how many of the views of blacks are not in line with the democratic party yet they vote democratic anyway.

These are some of my views on what he said; anybody else care to give a perspective?

Ken

4. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    COPS and BAIT CAR... prime examples of how media exploits narratives for entertainment.

But more on those numbers Elders cited:

Police fatally shoot nearly 1,000 people in 2015
    December 26, 2015

In a year-long study, The Washington Post found that the kind of incidents that have ignited protests in many U.S. communities — most often, white police officers killing unarmed black men — represent less than 4 percent of fatal police shootings. Meanwhile, The Post found that the great majority of people who died at the hands of the police fit at least one of three categories: they were wielding weapons, they were suicidal or mentally troubled, or they ran when officers told them to halt.

Although black men make up only 6 percent of the U.S. population, they account for 40 percent of the unarmed men shot to death by police this year, The Post’s database shows.​

Source:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/in...f-reckoning-police-fatally-shoot-nearly-1000/

If I read this right, 36% of unarmed "blacks" being killed by cops, are by "non-white" cops.
    Does this make a difference? Not really, but depends on who is being asked.

This is rarely represented in the media if this is remotely accurate.

The cop that shot Philando Castile was referred to as "Asian".
    Unarmed vs. armed is another topic for discussion.

But if the cop was "black", the narrative may have been different, or may not have been as prominent within the media.

We don't hear much from the media on the "black" cops that were also charged in the Freddie Gray case.

upload_2016-7-24_14-27-17.png

Three of Six Officers in Freddie
    Case Acquitted of All Charges So Far

July 18, 2016

A judge has acquitted Lt. Brian W. Rice of involuntary manslaughter and other charges for his role in the case of Freddie Gray, who died while in police custody. Lieutenant Rice was the highest-ranking officer among the six officers charged. So far, three officers have been acquitted of all charges, including one for murder.

• Officer Edward M. Nero
    • Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr.

Source:
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...baltimore-police-department-map-timeline.html

Another reason why I am for anti-police brutality and regulations that remove corrupt agents from having a license to kill. Everything else is picking and choosing.

But if they find a way to scapegoat one of these "black" officers while letting the others off, we will have another, if not bigger issue to deal with.

Indeed, the way welfare and government aide could be applied for, was if there were no working males over the age of 18 inside the household. One can draw conclusions from this, but there have been many stories of how this tore apart two-parent households.

I pointed out how "anarchists" destroy and cause carnage, most if not all of them were "white" during the WTO protests in Washington, they were considered Un-American and other labels.

But not sure what one is referring to when one claims "but the same is not for whites".
    When "whites" were on the "Freedom Rides", they were vilified and called "N" lovers, and killed.

The last point about car accidents and homicide is based on poverty and wealth dynamics.

The mentality of "nothing to lose" is a product of poverty, and when there is no ladder being presented, only a carousel that goes around and around, the impoverish will take more chances outside of lawful means to attain their wealth/respect.

Think they wont start building walls here like they have in Palestine/Israel?

Think again

Yes, it is something the we should be outraged about, Martin and Malcolm were both a victim of the same wealth/respect paradigm that continues today.

The lack of pandering from the "Republican" party is their biggest issue.
    It's so obvious when some "Democrats" do it, so think of how obvious it would be now for "Republicans" to do it.

Neither one will have a real discussion on "reparations", yet they both try to claim one is a bad representation for the other. The Congressional Black Caucus should be a representative with oversight on both party systems, but they are biased and will tow the "Democratic" line, even if it is contrary to substantial change. Not to suggest the CBC hasn't been useful, just saying they can be seen as pawns at times, used to rebuff genuine criticisms.

That was a decent and well thought out breakdown.

Appreciate it.