Black People : LARRY ELDER AND MY DISLIKE FOR HIM

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Froggy1, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    THE MAN NEEDS TO SHUT HIS MOUTH. HE IS NOT THE SAGE OF SOUTH CENTRAL. HE THINKS ALL BLACK KIDS HERE IN LOS ANGELES ARE LAZY A LITTLE TOO LAZY AND THE FACT THAT HE SEEMS TO PICK HIS RACE AS A SCAPEGOAT FOR PROBLEMS. Im sorry but i had to vent

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Feel free to...you might want to send him some letters, and boycott his sponsors!

3. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    thanks for the idea.

4. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    smh

I don't like him either.
    I watched a show that had this white couple who came to him for help. When he got them in front of the world, he tried his best to make them lQQk like fools. I don't care what color you may be, if someone is at the end of their rope and they are crying out for help, help them or leave them alone. It's not our job to tell people how they've made a mess of their lives. We're suppose to help and be a blessing to people. I've been in situations, very recently where I need help. If one more person rejected me, or hurt my feelings, I might not be here today. Needless to say I never cared for his show since then.

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I've never seen Larry Elder's show, I don't think it is available where I live. However I have heard a lot about him...none of it good.

6. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

I've seen his show and I'm half and half. Some of what his says I can agree with and some I can't. I fear he will turn into another Montel Williams show. Montel does a lot for black people behind the scenes but he his moved away from having a lot of people on his show. In one since this is good because this shows that black people are not the only ones with problem but at the same time sends the message that there are no deserving Blacks out there worthy of help and counceling. Both Larry and Montel target the demographic of people in their shows that their idealogy is most appealing to. White Republican Middle Class.

7. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    If you look at 'Tom' in the dictionary, you should see Larry Elder's picture. I cannot stand him or his views most of which go against the black community. The most abhorent is him supporting racial profiling.

8. karmashines

Ratings:
    +19
    Montel doesn't make an overt effort to support the black community, but he doesn't seem to speak out against it either like Larry Elder does.

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Montel has become a leader in the fight for Medical Marijuana, which a lot of black folk support.

10. karmashines

Ratings:
    +19
    I think street marijuana (along with other illegal narcotics) should be legalized too, but that's a whole different story. :)

Still, I don't think medical marijuana is as pertinent to the black community as racial profiling and affirmative action, issues that Larry Elder has made clear which side he is really rooting for.

I mean, it's one thing to disagree on some issues... we see that on here. It's another thing when you consistently take on views/mindsets that go against the black community. The philosophy that working hard and following the law will bring good things just doesn't apply if you are a black person, who is already at an unfair advantage with all the racism that is out there.