Black People : Who invented the SUPERHERO?

Metaverse

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 13, 2006
Within.
Occupation
Media Designer
With the overwhelming list of movies, comics, television shows and books about Super Heroes, we should wonder why they appeal to us so well. Is it simply about the inner child in us wanting to experience a fantasy through the story boards of a comicbook character? Or is it something much more?

Does the SuperHero capitalize on the emotions of a disenfranchising world. Or is he or she simply a product of a society taught to believe in individual Messiahs that show up in the nick of time to save us from disaster?

In the world of SuperHeros there are also Super Villains that sometimes match and are equal to the powers of our Hero. The Villain may even supersede the abilities of the Hero through the use of psychopathic thinking. The Villain will always manage to come up with a "sadistic choice" our Hero never fathomed.

In the fantasy world SuperHeros are usually always victorious against their Villains. But in the real world, SuperHeros perish, at least not without giving us something once lost. Then the real job of destroying the Villain is left up to those who understood the Hero's purpose.

A Comedian once said that if older generations knew how to create comic books they wouldn't need bibles. Yet before Bibles, way before- Ancient Humans still invented SuperHeros they believed had the power to save them from the situations they were creating on Earth. Even for those we call "CaveMen", even they drew on the walls of their caves, creating animal spirits used for supernatural purposes. Those images led them to animals they needed to kill in order to survive. But this science itself was taught to them by a much older civilization. At least 40,000 years before the earliest cave paintings in Europe.

Sure. Africans invented the concept of the Goddess and thus God. But who invented the "SuperHero"? Would our Ancient Gods and Goddesses still fall into the same category?

Comic books create hundreds of new characters every year. Not all of them reach the level of "Super" stardom like the ones that are so easily recognized.
Could it be that these characters relate to a SuperHero already embedded into our collective unconscious?

batman.jpg

In Africa bats were credited with a high intelligence, an idea that reflected their ability to fly around so quickly in the dark without hitting anything. In shamanism therefore the bat, as well as being a symbol of death and rebirth is able to guide people through the dark times of their life.

Or is Bat-Man really a Goddess?

Bat
The name of Bat is thought to be the feminine form of the word 'b3'; soul. In Utterance 506 (§1095), the king identifies himself with 'Bat with Her two faces'. There are also references to the 'great wild cow' (The ancient Egyptians chose animals to symbolize a deity´s properties, which were not neccesarily good. The wild cow was very protective about its calfes, and was therefore a perfect ideal for maternal protectiveness and so was used in depictions for Het-Hert and Bat.)

http://www.philae.nu/akhet/NetjeruB.html

Bat with her two faces? Humm, and who is one of Batman's main Villains?

twoface_3.jpg

They call him "TwoFace."

Coincidence? In this case, there are elements in our Ancient systems that can be divided to become both the Hero as well as the Villain. Are all Batman's enemies simply aspects of his own being? There is a thought.

Yes Sis. Jai. It's possible that the SuperHeros of today are only shadows of already well established spiritual and mythological dramas of Africa's past. Consider how much Stan Lee and others study Greek mythology it would be impossible not to produce characters related to Africa's Ancient world, especially since all Greek powers superimpose themselves over African ones.

Thor03CoverA.jpg

Writer-editor Stan Lee described Thor's genesis as following the creation of the Hulk:
“ [H]ow do you make someone stronger than the strongest person? It finally came to me: Don't make him human — make him a god. I decided readers were already pretty familiar with the Greek and Roman gods. It might be fun to delve into the old Norse legends.... Besides, I pictured Norse gods looking like Vikings of old, with the flowing beards, horned helmets, and battle clubs. ...Journey into Mystery, needed a shot in the arm, so I picked Thor ... to headline the book. After writing an outline depicting the story and the characters I had in mind, I asked my brother, Larry, to write the script because I didn't have time. ...[A]nd it was only natural for me to assign the penciling to Jack Kirby....[2]

But who was the God of thunder long before Thor?

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/shango.htm

It's good to see that there are Artists out there that already recognize some of these truths.

ShangoColors001CH.jpg

Shango

http://www.silverbulletcomics.com/news/story.php?a=4133

Yeah I definitely know there is an occult side to the comic books as much have been written about them.

I myself love seeing them because it only expounds on what we can do as black people, as some people say soon black people will be walking around with these powers, I think these heroes are more a part of the black people's collective unconscious then anything.

I was reading Of Water and Spirit and he said he brought the elders some tapes of Star Trek and they didn't know it was made up. They said the characters were portrayed wrong but it was right on as to reality.

So in my opinon, the Superhero is none other then mythology given a different form, but mythology has much truth to it! lol.

Its always interesting reading the stories they give to the characters because they have deep meanings! Was looking at Mortal Kombat and was like ****, this connect to our story.

mortal-kombat-deception-200.jpg

I've always found the BatMan very interesting occult wise. Taking him as a "symbol that strikes fear in the hearts of Men." That is an interesting concept within itself, especially when you consider that White Men fear Black Men more than they do bats. And seeing that these "SuperHeros" usually fight for some type of Metropolis, it's easy to see how "ghetto life" relates to that. White Men aren't afraid of bats in Gotham.

7-1.jpg

It's impossible for you to be a comic book Artist living in a big Metropolis like New York, which is usually the backdrop for most SuperHeros and not see the relation between BatMan and the Black Man. Because you're dealing with 2 elements. 1- fear and 2- the object of that fear. Wouldn't that be nice if rich White Men could put on a Black Man suit and go running around the city scaring White folks half to death?

In the movie "BatMan Begins" a scene with the Scarecrow shows us what the Scarecrow sees when he looks at BatMan. This video loops 5 times, perhaps to scare White Men on youtube even further.

Basically that's what they see. Big Black Demons ready to take all the White Women and wipe out the entire White Race. Bats don't have that potential.

Why do Demons have horns anyway?

Bat_atop_Narmer_Palette.JPG

Goddess Bat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_(goddess)

What about this Super-Man? Name: Kal-El
land-Superman.jpg

Everything about SuperMan is African mythology, down to his red cape and boots. Even the S of his chest which is a serpent and a sacred emblem used in the Ancient world for protection.

What does the cape on a SuperHero mean? Obviously they don't need one to fly so why wear one? The cape denotes an illusion i.e magic, because most magical performers especially in Europe wore capes. Before then the cape was worn by our Shamans.

abrooks_color14.jpg

James Brown also wore a cape as a testament to his level as a performer. A cape is a symbol for some type of higher magical order.

Seeing how SuperMan also draws his power from the Sun, it is also clear that he is only "White" through Artistic selection.

black_superman.jpg

Just as Obama is only Black by Political selection...but that's a different matter.

Why does a flying man with super strength capture our minds to begin with?

Basically SuperMan is a sky God. There is a long list of African sky Gods as well as in different cultures. We've always seen the importance of Gods that rule the sky, controlled the rains and even those that drew their power from the Sun.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back