Pan Africanism : What is Kwanzaa?

Pharaoh Jahil said:
I was for Kwanzaa untill I found out that Dr. Marlena Karenga was an FBI agent.

In response to several articles floating around the internet which falsely and fraudulently attempt to link the creation of Kwanzaa to the violent clashes between the Us Organization and the Black Panther Party, I have constructed the following timeline. It clearly shows that Kwanzaa was already well established by the time of these unfortunate events. This ought to give some clarity of thought to those who are wondering whether or not to celebrate Kwanzaa.

--October 1966-the Black Panther Party for Self Defense was founded in Oakland, California.

–December 1966-the first Kwanzaa celebration was held in Los Angeles by the Us Organization. There were no associated acts of violence between the Panthers and Us.

–December 1967-the second Kwanzaa celebration took place in LA. There were no associated acts of violence between the Panthers and Us.

–December 1968-the third Kwanzaa celebration took place in LA. There were no associated acts of violence between the Panthers and Us.

–January 19, 1969-a shoot-out between members of the Us Organization and the Black Panther Party took place on the campus of UCLA [over some incredibly dumb ****-a story unto itself], resulting in the deaths of two black panthers. Karenga was not present when the shootout took place.

December 1969-the fourth Kwanzaa celebration took place in LA.

May 1970–nearly 5 months after the fourth Kwanzaa celebration had already taken place-and a full 3-1/2 years after the creation of Kwanzaa, Maulana Karenga allegedly tortured two women whom he accused of trying to poison him. I should point out that this was an allegation that was made in open court. Conveniently, the white “journalists” who put this out there conveniently failed to reveal whether or not the veracity of the accusations of torture held up under cross examination by Karenga’s defense attorney.

I should also point out that even though much has been written about Karenga's alleged violent behavior, none of these articles presents his side of the story. I have a tape of a talk show he was on in which a caller accused him of being an FBI stooge. He summarily dismissed the accusation and stated that this was mythology that originated with the Black Panther Party, which was THE most FBI-infiltrated organization of the 60's.

WE HAVE TO START SEPARATING THE MESSAGE FROM THE MESSENGER. oUR PEOPLE ALL OVER THE CONTINENT HAVE ALWAYS CELEBRATED THE HARVEST OF THE FIRST FRUITS, WHICH WERE DEDICATED TO OUR CREATOR. THIS INCLUDED FAMILY AND FOOD.

A COLOR BLIND SOCIETY CAN NEVER AND HAS NEVER EXISTED, FOR WITH THE COLOR COMES THE CULTURE AND THE HISTORY AND THE BIOLOGY AND THE REALITY...THE ONE THAT DICTATES AND SAYS: HISTORICALLY, SCIENTIFICALLY, BIOLOGICALLY, GENETICALLY, SOCIALLY, SPIRITUALLY, CULTURALLY AND MENTALLY THAT "WE ARE ALL NOT THE SAME".

SO LETS NOT START FLOATING IN THE CLOUDS AND DREAMING...KEEP OUR FEET ON THE GROUND...THIS IS LIFE !!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back