Black People : WHAT IF WE OWNED AN ISLAND?

cuet idea but it'll never fly,why because african americans are not gonna be surrounded by water[how many times have you heard us say-that's too much water for me]the first time that there's a hint of a big hurricane there'll be so many boats outta there it'll make your head swim[maybe i shouldn't say swim]and you did say-artificial?

I think Cherryblossom was hinting at this by using a bad Caribbean accent. The island would have to be somewhere relatively safe, as hurricanes are no joke. Humanitarian aid is usually not sufficient when given to colored nations.

I agree with MetaScience in that running an island is not easy. Our Caribbean family has mixed success at best. A few questions:
-Not all Black/Brown people would be interested in moving, which is good. I believe in rehabilitation and helping people, but the first few need to be self-sufficient and able bodied.
-There needs to be a way to make money and have a sustainable economy. This will not be a "Survivor" episode. We will need basic supplies initially for shelter, medicine, etc in the beginning. We will need to have some goods and/or services to trade for necessities we can't manufacture.
-Food supply is needed. Will artificial islands have enough room for crops? Cattle takes up too much room. Chickens are easy, as is seafood and goats.
-The entire infrastructure of government, education, health, etc needs to be established. "Animal Farm" is a short book that warns of some of the potential dangers of starting a new colony. Taking a look at what was done in the black towns established here will help learn about the process like Nicodemus kansas and the colonies of Pap Singleton. The Amish are self-sufficient too, and deserve further investigation into their methods of survival.

If you pay attention to the original post it’s about a physical location where we could govern, take care of and support ourselves. A place to actually live.
About the only thing I have heard of recently that would come close, would be Detroit. A place where we already are mostly in control off. At least a place where we could try a new start, if we were capable of doing anything.
Large area where there is not now very many people and you can buy homes for ½ the price of a new car.

If you pay attention to the original post it’s about a physical location where we could govern, take care of and support ourselves. A place to actually live.
About the only thing I have heard of recently that would come close, would be Detroit. A place where we already are mostly in control off. At least a place where we could try a new start, if we were capable of doing anything.
Large area where there is not now very many people and you can buy homes for ½ the price of a new car.

If you pay attention to the original post it's about an island ... which detroit is not.

:heart:

Destee

Owned an Island

Sounds interesting, but if we cant even get along on the Island/continent we are already on, will it be any different elsewhere?

We need to change our way of thinking before we change our location. If we don't, we merely take the same mindset to the new location.:car:

Also, this may be a little negative, but given what we have learned about white folks, what would stop them from bombing that Island once we all collectively go there? At least here, they live here too and would have second thoughts about bombing their own backyard.

We need to work on our pineal gland and learn how to conquer with our minds.

:thinking:

Sounds interesting, but if we cant even get along on the Island/continent we are already on, will it be any different elsewhere?

We need to change our way of thinking before we change our location. If we don't, we merely take the same mindset to the new location.:car:

Also, this may be a little negative, but given what we have learned about white folks, what would stop them from bombing that Island once we all collectively go there? At least here, they live here too and would have second thoughts about bombing their own backyard.

We need to work on our pineal gland and learn how to conquer with our minds.

:thinking:

AGREED!!!
It would be a whole new way of living/thinking, and that would have to be plotted out before anyone lived there. I don't think they would bomb us unless we had diamonds or oil on the island. I think they would watch and see if we would fail. If we didn't fail on our own, they would try the usual tactics to make us fail (attacking leaders, divide and conquer, etc). I do think it should be tried (again) here in the US. I can't say I agree with the Detroit option. Sure, the city needs to be cleaned up, but not all of the people there are ready for it. We need people that have already woken up for this to succeed.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back