Black People : What happened to the Black Conscious Community and our Movement?

I would say, disarray. Presently we have so many issues that we find ourselves in disagreement of what our priorities should be. If we can't define our priorities, we can't defend or develop them collectively. We know unity is fundamental, but we are stuck on defining principles that can we unite under. This is a real problem that other "interest groups" don't seem to have..JMO

I agree with your comment, and I have come to find certain demographics in our community are very sensitive, and call every discussion divisive. They don't have true interests in growing or empowering the Black community, and are quick to call others who are trying to hit the ground running or have a solid foundation bullies.

View attachment 8051

Submitted by The Anonymous Constituent – What happened to the Black Conscious Community andour Movement? Have We Forgotten the Work Left By Our Ancestors and Predecessors?

These questions will certainly draw some fire and rightfully so, however we cannot afford to overlook their importance here.

If we are conscious (cognizant, conscientious, empathetic, altruistic) beings we want to be accurate about our assertions so we try to build on this premise. In some of our renderings here we would rather be wrong because the outcome may be frightening if not apocalyptic.

Aside from the legacy of slavery, COINTELPRO derailed us. It left us suspicious and paranoid of one another and also deepened a wound that we believed was healing. Even as precursors meritorious manumission, disinformation campaigns and pogroms of eugenics and dehumanization that are still part and parcel of the long term agenda to divide and destroy, COINTELPRO derailed us.

Read more

http://www.blacktalkradionetwork.co...e-black-conscious-community-and-our-movement/

It's attitudes like this :facepalm:

I’m not “Black enough” for Inc. Magazine
My go-to response is to explain that I have had many positive experiences, some negative, and I consider myself to be a business owner who happens to be Black — rather than a Black business owner

Brian Brackeen
CEO of www.kairos.com— We transform your business with Face Recognition
Mar 27

https://facesoffounders.org/im-not-black-enough-for-inc-magazine-337569d54a6b

I agree with your comment, and I have come to find certain demographics in our community are very sensitive, and call every discussion divisive. They don't have true interests in growing or empowering the Black community, and are quick to call others who are trying to hit the ground running or have a solid foundation bullies.
Really? You expect 'certain demographics' to have 'true interests in growing or empowering the Black community,...? Why? Surely you are not that politically naive and gullible?!

It's attitudes like this :facepalm:

I’m not “Black enough” for Inc. Magazine
My go-to response is to explain that I have had many positive experiences, some negative, and I consider myself to be a business owner who happens to be Black rather than a Black business owner

Brian Brackeen
CEO of www.kairos.com— We transform your business with Face Recognition
Mar 27

https://facesoffounders.org/im-not-black-enough-for-inc-magazine-337569d54a6b

This complacent, petty bourgeois attitude should come as no surprise in a capitalistic, class society! To be successful under white domination requires a denial of Blackness in most cases1

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back