Black People : What Do You Know And Understand About Us 'Black Indians'?

chuck

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 9, 2003
There was not and is not a 'one size fits all' identity for all of us in the Americas etc.

Even the term 'black' is not of a 'race'...

And some of what was mislabelled as 'black slave narratives' are actually came from the descendants of africans, i. e., which some mixed race and/or so called 'indian' slaveholders used as unpaid laborers, too...

Carter Woodson rightfully pointed out the'Miseducation of the (so called) Negro', and now we also need to correct misconceptions of who was claimed to be who, i. e., which had led to misconceptions among all of us, to this very day...

Your feelings and thoughts would also be appreciated and quite welcomed...

FYI

I prefer the term native American. The folsom people civilized America 40,000 years ago; therefore, native Americans are johnny-come-latelies at best.

As far a 'race' is concerned there can only be "one" -- the human race.

Black people have been everywhere before everywhere was popular to everyone.

1Love,
Fine1952
:hearts1:

There was not and is not a 'one size fits all' identity for all of us in the Americas etc.

Even the term 'black' is not of a 'race'...

And some of what was mislabelled as 'black slave narratives' are actually came from the descendants of africans, i. e., which some mixed race and/or so called 'indian' slaveholders used as unpaid laborers, too...

Carter Woodson rightfully pointed out the'Miseducation of the (so called) Negro', and now we also need to correct misconceptions of who was claimed to be who, i. e., which had led to misconceptions among all of us, to this very day...

Your feelings and thoughts would also be appreciated and quite welcomed...

FYI

I prefer the term native American. The folsom people civilized America 40,000 years ago; therefore, native Americans are johnny-come-latelies at best.

As far a 'race' is concerned there can only be "one" -- the human race.

Black people have been everywhere before everywhere was popular to everyone.

1Love,
Fine1952
:hearts1:

I accept the fact we are all human beings, first and foremost, though some reflect the term, i. e., people of color, and others who redine themselves as 'white' don't always live up to the same hype...

In all cases, human beings are defined by their relationships to each other, and suchlike reflects their culture/heritage/history/etc.

As far as I know and have learned, my folks legacy came by the way of the enslavement of indigenous folk, then led to the mingling of africans, imported to replace the ones the white invaders had worked to death...

I. e., the mingling took place in the slave quarters, and/or among those who stole back their freedom, aka the 'black seminoles' etc.

As regards earlier arrivals, only their distant descendants can and should tell us, above and beyond other folks mere speculation etc.

I just don't buy the popular accepted notion, i. e., africans were the only folk whose earlier descendants ventured far from their original homelands, and started up something new as well...

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back