Black Authors : What are you reading? What book(s) to look out for?

i am in the middle of two, and they are both classics:

Countering the Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys, by Jawanzaa Kunjufu

I love this brotha. He presents the problem, through several variations, and then proposes several solutions. Absolutely a must-read. It was a series, released through the 90s, and I've read them all--starting in college. I've reread them again and again, and I am using the techniques as a parent and step parent. 10 years before my first child was born (I'm an old parent, first child at 31 years old), this series was being contemplated. He now has a book that combines the entire set in one textbook.

48 Laws of Power, by Robert Green.

You have to read the book to appreciate it. People pass it off as a book on how to manipulate. But that's on the surface. It will teach you how to play out situations for self defense and protection, as well as how to gain power without hurting others. No review or summary I have found does it any justice; you just gotta read it. Green has a series: The Art of Seduction and 33 Strategies of War. Read all three, and you will gain a wealth of knowledge you wouldn't get in school.

I have read and studied both series like crazy, and they will change your life. I recently left a company as Director of Operations, as the only person of color at that level (in a supposedly racist company; it really wasnt racist, but competition was fierce there), and I started out as a SECURITY GUARD, 7 years ago. You'd be surprised what can be accomplished with the right plan.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back