Black People : Vedic Mathematics: Is there an African equivalent?

Interesting topic Bro. Knowledge Seed. I know there are a few scholars that might argue that all Mathematics are born from African systems, and yet some still that would suggest to us what there is such a thing as "wrong math" as though using an un-african system would cause us to come up with the wrong answers- everytime. If this is true then everything is off because history tells us the zero was invented in India, so does that mean that everyone prior to that was off? No it doesn't, it only means that "zero" was created to represent something mathematically that already existed.

This is something we must keep in mind when dealing with mathematics, math is a language created to calculate the known and unknown to find answers, it's basically a way to sermonized reality. Mathematics is a language we use to calculate our reality, so while math was invented in Africa, refined by Arabs and Greeks etc., different methods shows how different cultural "brains" calculate. As it stands the Human brain is a probability calculator, we must wonder which system of mathematics comes closer to how the Human brain controls and manages the Human body.

The calculating of reality doesn't always happen with the writing of numbers on paper, it also happens based on meditative judgment. It also happens in another way, take for example the binary codes that all computers use. Ones and Zeros are all computers need to produce everything, only 2. You either have one thing or something. So within the culture of digital reality that's all that happens. This is because it's only based on a visual world.

When I used to meditate on math allot, trying to find out new secrets about numbers my own spirits would tell me that the secrets to ancient African mathematics were about reproducing arrangements seen and unseen. It wasn't about producing math for math sake, math was only a bi-product of how Africans created their reality. It's like we created the zero when we created the wheel, but we didn't give it a mathematical association. There is no mathematical association for a pyramid either. We focus on math differently now even in research because we are scrambling to prove to the European world that we are as intelligent as they are, when our there would be no European or America for example with African builders since it was our plans that went into the building of Greek and European empires and even into their ships.

I would say since we were a nation of creatives and builders our math was more practical and hands on. There are associations in African reality that don't exist in recorded mathematics, we know numbers are infinite but there is no association for infinity. Europeans have designed mathematical languages that move the mind further and further away from the point. Math is actually very very easy, as easy as Music. There is an answer to 234.9909 x 223456.04, but does that answer represent something within your reality that needs fixing? This is basically the reason why most Black children are turned off by math. There are always new math methods being created, and math methods can be extracted from most African traditions and stories, it's all in how those characters and situations are associated with numbers.

Look into Horus-Eye math, they are still trying to crack that one.

I know many of us hate math, but this is a hot topic Bro. Knowledge Seed!
The African system of spoken Mathematics?

"It's one universal law but two sides to every story" - Mos Def

papyrus-fragment.jpg

Ancient Egyptian scribes worked multiplication problems using only the times-two table.

The art of African story telling, passing on knowledge from generation to generation is also a form of mathematics, one that is greatly overlooked.
One word could demonstrate the value of mathematics, and that word is- IF.

For example, IF Adam was the first Man, and IF Eve was the first Woman how was the world populated through one Woman alone? Such questions help to produce science which is basically the search for answers through the use of mathematics.

The biblical story in Genesis actually helps to great mathematically variables that affect the Human psyche. In fact all empowered stories have this affect.

Vedic math works very closely to ancient numerology which is African, 9s can also be cast out in numerology because nine always adds up to itself. I was able to break a math puzzle from the clay mathematics institute worth 1 million dollars, but they wouldn't give me the prize because the method was "unknown" to their math community.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back