Black People : Vedic Mathematics: Is there an African equivalent?

Knowledge Seed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 22, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Lately I've noticed a lot of websites proclaiming the greatness of Vedic Mathematics. The most accepted system of Mathematics is the current Hindu-Arabic one. I personally can't get with the Vedic system that is now being heavily advertised. It seems like a lot of unnecessary steps are taken to solve an equation. Is there an African Mathematics system that is easier to understand and/or is more advanced? If so, can you give examples of how problems are solved using that method?

Lately I've noticed a lot of websites proclaiming the greatness of Vedic Mathematics. The most accepted system of Mathematics is the current Hindu-Arabic one. I personally can't get with the Vedic system that is now being heavily advertised. It seems like a lot of unnecessary steps are taken to solve an equation. Is there an African Mathematics system that is easier to understand and/or is more advanced? If so, can you give examples of how problems are solved using that method?

Try the Yoruba system. Taken from the principles of Ifa Odu and the old African concept of twinning.

Blackbird

That's something I was looking into. Is there something similar in Vodu that you can expound on?

There is nothing I can expound, doc. Sorry. I'm still trying to digest the Yoruba one. If I'm not mistaken the Bambara people have an interesting system too.

Blackbird

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back