Black People : US Poor Set To Lose Food Stamps

I don't believe food stamps will ever be cut. It is against the law of humanity to deny emergency food and medical. It is favorable to cut cash grants. People making under a certain amount of money are entitled to it anyways even if working. . Here in Cali a new mother will not recieve ANY cash, only if she is disabled or her child is disabled, or some rare circumstance. I believe this is a hype to make people want to get off of it. I looked around last month, and I saw THREE new welfare offices built within a 10 mile radius, in two years, explain that.:uhoh:

kente417mojo said:
I don't think so. I have come across people that just sit up in the house and smoke weed and have sex, but they have a refigerator full of food when they get the munchies. I do believe that IF you work, you can't exceed a certain limit or you'll be cut off from the program. My point is, for one to recieve food stamps, you should be required to show real proof every month that you are trying to pull yourself up out of the hole. I don't think people should be on welfare for years and years without making progress. That's rediculous. A lot of people wait until they're cut off before they actually start trying to improve their life. There is nothing wrong with using it in times of real need, but why would a person need welfare for years and years? Even if you use it on and off as needed, that's better than being on welfare for years and years consecutively.

I agree! One shouldn't just milk the system because they can. Proof of trying to better themselves should be in order.

Key word emergancy..
not 5 years worth.. that aint an emrergancy thatsa personal depression!

spicybrown said:
I don't believe food stamps will ever be cut. It is against the law of humanity to deny emergency food and medical. It is favorable to cut cash grants. People making under a certain amount of money are entitled to it anyways even if working. . Here in Cali a new mother will not recieve ANY cash, only if she is disabled or her child is disabled, or some rare circumstance. I believe this is a hype to make people want to get off of it. I looked around last month, and I saw THREE new welfare offices built within a 10 mile radius, in two years, explain that.:uhoh:

kente417mojo said:
I don't think so. I have come across people that just sit up in the house and smoke weed and have sex, but they have a refigerator full of food when they get the munchies. I do believe that IF you work, you can't exceed a certain limit or you'll be cut off from the program. My point is, for one to recieve food stamps, you should be required to show real proof every month that you are trying to pull yourself up out of the hole. I don't think people should be on welfare for years and years without making progress. That's rediculous. A lot of people wait until they're cut off before they actually start trying to improve their life. There is nothing wrong with using it in times of real need, but why would a person need welfare for years and years? Even if you use it on and off as needed, that's better than being on welfare for years and years consecutively.

Well, I do know they have some for low-income families. WIC, which provides assistance for groceries along with teaching women how to properly feed themselves and their babies, is one of them.

I guess it depends on which area you live at when despite being employed, you can't put food on the table. I think those in urban areas even in poverty may have more funds available to put food on the table... not to mention easier access to government assistance in case they don't. Those out in the boondocks (like the people featured on Feed the Children), seem to be in a different boat. Regardless, with the millions of dollars this government has access to I don't think it's going to hurt anyone one bit to set some aside for those who truly can't afford food.

Just another way too cut back on black and bring in the republican way. I feel like if we can give so much to every of country why not our own people. I think that politics are politics but not when it comes to peoples lively hood. Next here comes the draft whatever the Bush Administration wants is what they want but whats right is not whats right for my people for real..I feel what everyone had to say to this!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back