Black People : Until We Understand white supremacy...

OmowaleX said:
http://www.credomutwa.com

"My message is different in that they were always blaming colonists or slaver for the black person's problems. I am not saying we should not recognize the impact of colonialism. But we should say that it has been 45 years since Africa was decolonized. It is time we said that what happens in Africa today, we are responsible for it. We cannot continue to blame the colonialist. Who said to [Nigerian military strongman Sani] Abacha and [Congo dictator] Mobutu [Sese Seko] 'take the money and go put it in a bank in Europe?'"

"We need to learn to take care of ourselves. Indians wear saris made in India, they drive cars made in India, and [the] Chinese are not afraid to use products made in their country. We must do the same."

What is stopping blacks from doing what they need to do?
"Inferiority complex. I met a man who says he is from a village somewhere here. He told me that the people in his village have lost all their stores to the Pakistanis. Why is that? It is because we are not willing to put in the same amount of time. It is because the Pakistanis are willing to work hard; they are prepared to work 25 hours a day and eight days a week. Blacks are not willing to work hard. They think that once you have a shop, you have arrived."

This thread is very timely for me as I recently started working full-time at a convenience store, which is a high-volume franchise. My store manager is Pakistani and several of my co-workers are African "continental" brothers. I was speaking after work today with one of the brothers, who is from South Africa. The first thing the store manager told me before hiring me last week was "We here are all work-a-holics, so do you have a problem with that". I told him NO because my family used to be in food service/retail going back the last 4 or 5 generations, if not more, and that I also am a "work-a-holic".

One of my co-workers, another Pakistani, came into work today to do certification testing, on his off day (Speaking of working 8 days a week). I did 3 days of certification testing/training in 2 days scoring 100% on all my exams (complicance, health and safety, basic skills). My first day of work I worked 14 hours and 12 hours the second. I realized early on that the path to advancement is through completing advanced levels of certification/training.

Many younger blacks wont work such a low paying, high volume job but the Africans, Pakistanis, Koreans, Vietnamese get in an work their tails off, while we continue to cry about "white supremacy". At the same time, the corrupt African "leaders" are virtually ALL "militarists" who suppress the African working class. Yet, African working class folks come here, but in hard work and are getting RICH in the process. They are WELL-AWARE of "racism" and "white supremacy" but at the same time KNOW that their biggest obstacle is the black folks who look just like them who are no better than the white colonialists, and who they view as their OWN WORST ENEMIES.

Quite frankly, I am tired of engaging in these "talk shops" which intellectualize a situation which is very basic. As the brother and I concluded, Black people have LOST OUR WAY. We have LOST our ability to look in the sky on a rainy day and extend our hands, and watch as the sun shines through the cloudy day. We have LOST our ability to look at the moon and tell which planets and constellations are in alignment. We have LOST our own **** MINDS!

Stop blaming yt and MAN UP!

Later.....
...I am so happy that my post was responded to the way it was. Not one bit of my post had to do with blaming anyone; However, I will never excuse "yt" for what they have done, but then I will not sit around and "cry" over what they have done either. Heck, the [pre-dominant "yt" FDA wants to turn food into drugs], but I am not "crying over it," but I am holding them accountable and responsible for it. No matter how much and how often we attack one another, there needs to be a certain level of accountability and responsibility. We are not responsible for our conditioning, but we are responsible for getting out of it - it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

One of the main things that hold us back, besides being robbed of a Power over our own being, is the fact that we do not want to ADDRESS THE PROBLEMS before us. How can I destroy the Euro-centric concepts in my Mind without acknowledging and admitting the fact that they are in my Mind? How can I address the problem without admitting that there is a problem? The fact that I need to rely on other People to provide my needs is a problem. The fact that I am in a location where the nearest Black Business is at minimum 2 hours away is a problem. The fact that I need to keep giving my money to non-Black Businesses is a problem - no one here is blaming anyone. All I am saying is those are the facts, and we need to address them, and deal with them. I don't see anything wrong with that, especially when the goal is to find a solution, not "blame" anyone or anything.

Back to Nation-Building.

MK

KWABENA said:
We are not responsible for our conditioning, but we are responsible for getting out of it - it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

MK

This is where I disagree. WE ARE responsible for everything that WE do or don't and especially for our "conditioning" which begins in the WOMB.

If WE are NOT "responsible" and if WE do not hold OURSELVES accountable for our own weaknesses which "outsiders" exploit then WE must be-Coming Forth Each Day and BE Responsible and Accountable for EVERY THING dealing with and affecting US.

I am totally flabbergasted, astonished and discombobulated by what I have been reading.

Do you guys really, truly and honestly believe that in the 141 years since slavery has been "over" that blacks have done nothing to try to uplift themselves? That we have just been shuffling along? If this is your thinking it betrays a profound ignorance of the history of Black people. We have been uplifting ourselves over and over again only to be knocked back down over and over again by the white controlled system under which we live. Nowhere is this thread or any other thread have a cried, whined or blamed anyone, This is not about blame but to keep lifting yourself up with absolutely no clue to the forces that keep knocking you down is silly. That's like thinking you can just plant a seed and water it and give it sun without paying the least attention to the locusts, beetles, caterpillars and gophers that infest your yard, So you're not going to give these vermin credit for the chewed up leaves and damaged fruit? You will just plant more seeds and like Polly Anna refuse to acknowledge and negative influence other than your own failure to work hard?

That interview about the African desalinization asks the question what is holding them back now that they’ve been decolorized. Doesn't say a word about the debilitating debt the world bank has placed on those countries. Is totally silent about the way the world bank forced them to stop producing crops the kept them self sufficient and import the inferior produce of Europe. Fails to mention how the CIA kills the true leaders and replaces them with the corrupt ones.

Let me TRY to say this one more time and for those who still don't understand they just don't want to understand.

I did NOT say we need to BLAME white supremacy. I said we need to UNDERSTAND white supremacy. If somebody comes to Destee talking about what's wrong with all these ignorant black folks yawl all up in their face saying stuff for which you later have to apologize. But if the media tells you black folks are lazy you say yes massa we is lazy.
I am totally flabbergasted, astonished and discombobulated by what I have been reading.

Do you guys really, truly and honestly believe that in the 141 years since slavery has been "over" that blacks have done nothing to try to uplift themselves? That we have just been shuffling along? If this is your thinking it betrays a profound ignorance of the history of Black people. We have been uplifting ourselves over and over again only to be knocked back down over and over again by the white controlled system under which we live. Nowhere is this thread or any other thread have a cried, whined or blamed anyone, This is not about blame but to keep lifting yourself up with absolutely no clue to the forces that keep knocking you down is silly. That's like thinking you can just plant a seed and water it and give it sun without paying the least attention to the locusts, beetles, caterpillars and gophers that infest your yard, So you're not going to give these vermin credit for the chewed up leaves and damaged fruit? You will just plant more seeds and like Polly Anna refuse to acknowledge and negative influence other than your own failure to work hard?

That interview about the African desalinization asks the question what is holding them back now that they’ve been decolorized. Doesn't say a word about the debilitating debt the world bank has placed on those countries. Is totally silent about the way the world bank forced them to stop producing crops the kept them self sufficient and import the inferior produce of Europe. Fails to mention how the CIA kills the true leaders and replaces them with the corrupt ones.

Let me TRY to say this one more time and for those who still don't understand they just don't want to understand.

I did NOT say we need to BLAME white supremacy. I said we need to UNDERSTAND white supremacy. If somebody comes to Destee talking about what's wrong with all these ignorant black folks yawl all up in their face saying stuff for which you later have to apologize. But if the media tells you black folks are lazy you say yes massa we is lazy.
v

kemetkind said:
While I appreciate your congenial spirit I think we really are bringing two different pictures to the table.

White....supremacy. Look at those two words together and give me any definition of white supremacy in which you can then show that it DOES exist.

There is no such thing as white supremacy.

IMO, Hagin is wrong, Fuller is wrong, and so is everyone else who advances this white people vs. all people of color world view.

A group of europeans have been effective at imposing their will upon the world for several hundred years. Their success has nothing to do with supremacy, and continuing to describe their tactical and strategic techniques as "white supremacy" only plays into their hands. Why? You've allowed yourself to be coopted and subjugated willingly with your choice of language.

How often do you hear groups other than US complaining about "white supremacy?"

White supremacy doesn't need to be "conquered", black achievement needs to be resurrected.

It is only incidental that this resurrection will at times involve dissecting and countering the actions of europeans, asians, latinos, etc.

The central focus should be squarely on what WE need to do for ourselves.

Until we understand collective black achievement and what it is and how it works everything else will only confuse us.

This is real talk right here. thanks bro for putting this out there.

peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back