Black People : TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAME

Family, I have two threads to release.

This is the first one:

IS IT OKAY TO TREAT OTHER PEOPLE THE WAY THEY TREAT US, OR THE WAY WE WANT TO BE TREATED?

CD

I'm a golden rule girl myself. Even if they're rude to me
I will first be cool and calm. Then, remove myself from their presence. Unless its a lovers quarrel. Then all bets are off, because I don't want to miss what's next. :D

This is the first one:

IS IT OKAY TO TREAT OTHER PEOPLE THE WAY THEY TREAT US, OR THE WAY WE WANT TO BE TREATED?

CD

Okay, now forgive me father, but I am going to make the thread a BIT intense:

IF SOMEONE IS DISRESPECTFUL TO YOU WHEN YOU ADDRESS THEM, WILL YOU DISRESPECT THEM BACK, OR WILL YOU SPEAK TO THEM THE WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE SPOKEN TO? (If you cannot tell them anything, especially tell them to "watch their tone?"

CD

I treat people how they treat me...Or how I want to treat them.

If someone is disrespecting me, oh yeah I'ma disrespect them back. If they wanna play dirty, I can get real grimy right on back.

Okay, now forgive me father, but I am going to make the thread a BIT intense:

IF SOMEONE IS DISRESPECTFUL TO YOU WHEN YOU ADDRESS THEM, WILL YOU DISRESPECT THEM BACK, OR WILL YOU SPEAK TO THEM THE WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE SPOKEN TO? (If you cannot tell them anything, especially tell them to "watch their tone?"

CD

Being quick-tempered, i.e., I don't suffer fools gladly, I have a tendency to snap back at 'em. I am working on EXACTLY what you say "in parentheses" - if you cannot tell them anything, especially tell them to "watch their tone." Through practice and self-discipline, more and more I'm managing to calm the spiking pulse and calmly say - "don't speak to me in that tone of voice."

This is the first one:

CD

its 'okay' to treat others as they've treated you. you rec'v what you send out. im not one who makes enemies wi th h ease...BUT...if I made it my business to treat others like s--t, I wouldn't expect any of them to treat me kindly or kiss my butt for the pleasure.

there r ppl on this planet who are just plain lacking as human beings. they will malign you, treat you with contempt, use you, etc...
If youre being 'nice' and mannerable for yourself or whatever rewards you're attempting to 'store up' for heaven?
ok...whatever.
I'm down with self-directed gain, too. lol

But...if youre doing it to 'prove' something to such a person - to change them, like, you actually believe that such types give a fig about how nice you are and how much you're earnestly try to understand them? youve set yourself and almost deserve whatever it is that's being dished out to you.

I give respect freely. I tend to treat others as i wish to be treated. I also treat ppl how they deserve to be treated,...a positive thing that cld be negative as well.

'golden rule'...? eh...I'm not guided by any supernatural force but I think its a good mantra for the masses. But...here's my issue with things like this: the oversimplification of it all.

y'know -- you don't just 'do good'... 'just because' ...or bc 'god said' ... or because someone threw it in a book of rules to b followed.

i mean - you could but how can you call someone 'like that' good or a decent person. their sense of whats right is a capricious thing.
it just seems to go the way of the wind...and that's a problem imo. i think a heavier distinction should be made between the moral...and morally lazy.
>> shrug <<

threats and punishment are fine deterrents and good ways to coerce proper behavior but there has to be some basis for morality. an individual has to decide for themself what constitutes morality and ethical behavior.

for my part? I know that I'm responsible for all acts...over which I have volitional control...for which there entails a choice. basically.
Morality tends to go hand in hand with rationality.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back