Black People : TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAME

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Feb 14, 2005.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Family, I have two threads to release.

This is the first one:

IS IT OKAY TO TREAT OTHER PEOPLE THE WAY THEY TREAT US, OR THE WAY WE WANT TO BE TREATED?

CD

2. Prizefighter16

Prizefighter16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18

good question. hmmm, i think I'll pick the latter. That is the golden rule. Do we use it? I think not, I think its easier, and simpler for us to react to people's actions symbiotically, or to reciprocate the crap others do to us.

But then again. Are you speaking as to individuals? Or are you basing the question on racists and their offspring? Cause then it turns into a whole different question
    :kickball:

3. Kingpin

Kingpin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Golden Rule

The golden rule clearly states that "You should treat others as would have them treat you"

In other words "due unto others as you would have done unto you".

This is the way that I live my life and have found it very plesant!!!! :kickball:

4. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    That's simple

Do unto other as you would have them do unto you...treat people like YOU want to be treated.

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Okay, now forgive me father, but I am going to make the thread a BIT intense:

IF SOMEONE IS DISRESPECTFUL TO YOU WHEN YOU ADDRESS THEM, WILL YOU DISRESPECT THEM BACK, OR WILL YOU SPEAK TO THEM THE WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE SPOKEN TO? (If you cannot tell them anything, especially tell them to "watch their tone?"

CD

6. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    If they're being deliberately rude, I've been just as rude back. I had a lady on a plane keep giving me mad looks because my 1yr old was crying. She said the baby had ruined her whole plane ride. Now really, what are you supposed to do with a crying 1 yr old, spank um?? I told her to deal with it, I was doing everything I could to quiet him.

If they're having a bad day, a check out person during christmas, dealing with rude people all day. I'm nice to them.

7. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    People treat us(black people, I assume you mean?) like the scum of the earth, so NO, it is not okay to treat other people like that. That's just wretched, and I'd never want someone to make another feel totally disregarded as a person worthy to live this life the Father has given us.

I believe in the Words of the Holy and Tue Son of the Father, the Most High. I believe in how He taught us, in how He loved us and showed what He was not shown by this world. I believe in doing unto others as I would have them do unto myself, so that's how I treat people. Patience, forgiveness, love, and compassion are what I adore to give as well as whatever else I can share. :)

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Admittedly, I get a bit taken back when people become disrespectful when I'm addressing them. It may be because in my family, I'm used to people speaking to me a certain way so I carry that attitude elsewhere.

I just try to stay collected and speak to them properly without disrespect because that's not going to resolve any issues. :11400:

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    IMO, people should be treated the way they deserve to be treated.

10. crwn

crwn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    Simply move on, no need to utter another word. Life goes on.. just remember the old adage..sticks & stones may..