Black People : Trayvon Martin - LATEST UPDATE THREAD -Please Take A Moment And Sign Petition For Slain Florida Teen

oTypically yes but in 2013 that is an unacceptable generalisation. You can't say every white person is racist and in effect you are saying that a white person who uses the n word is not necessarily racist. When the reverse racism accusation is played - it has left many black people speechless and unable to defend themselves. The way the defense twisted it for example to make it appear as though the culture permits and encourages the use of the word *******. They claim the words offensive and the casual cultural use of it is akin to a white person using the n word. A double standard they say. Why can blacks use the word ******* while the n word is banned? How do you argue against this without conceding that the ongoing use of it by blacks is a double standard?

are u really that daft zim?
when white people say the word the connotations are usually different than when a black person says it...
this is due to the history of the word...
i have had a white person who i was cool with say my ni##a to me and i wasn't offended because i knew where he was coming from...i have also heard white people say that d@mn ni##er...and i felt the hate in their words....

till this day i have never heard a black person say ni##ger...that is basically a white person word....

p.s. it is impossible for a black person to be racist unless they are on some black supremacy ish which is impossible since this reality is on some white supremacy ish....u dig?

one love
khasm

are u really that daft zim?
when white people say the world the connotations are usually different than when a black person says it...
it this is due to the history of the word...
i have had a white person who i was cool with say my ni##a to me and i wasn't offended because i knew where he was coming from...i have also heard white people say that d@mn ni##er...and i felt the hate in their words....

till this day i have never heard a black person say ni##ger...that is basically a white person word....

p.s. it is impossible for a black person to be racist unless they are on some black supremacy ish which is impossible since this reality is on some white supremacy ish....u dig?

one love
khasm

Unfortunately bro. Khasm13, he is. Can you believe his double standard question:wow:? Thanks for the contribution and explanation, it was on the money:

Peace In,

Testimony to begin in week 2 of Zimmerman trial

That testimony will shed more light on the positioning of Martin and Zimmerman at the time of the shooting. "We're in the middle of it. They've got a lot more to show. These things build up slow, and it's sort of like pieces of a puzzle," O'Mara said. "People say, 'wait a minute, I can't see the picture yet.' They're very good prosecutors, they're gonna do very good job, and they're gonna put on their evidence. We'll see how it goes. We're certainly ready to respond to it."

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — Testimony in the second week of the George Zimmerman trial begins Monday with an expected shift by prosecutors toward witnesses that will testify on the scientific evidence they have against a former neighbor watch leader charged in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
Prosecutors have yet to call forensics experts or investigators that performed testing on the handgun Zimmerman used to shoot the teenager during an altercation between the two last year.
http://news.yahoo.com/testimony-begin-week-2-zimmerman-trial-085305698.html

George Zimmerman Prosecution's Woes: Analysis

George Zimmerman's Prosecution Has Long Way to Go

The beauty of having a camera in court is that we all can watch the testimony and develop informed (sometimes differing) opinions about how the case is proceeding. In a case this divisive and sensitive I am glad no one has to take my, or any other reporter's word for what happened in court. Yes the Jodi Arias case was fascinating and the verdict in Casey Anthony somewhat stunning, but this is a case where the verdict could extend well beyond the confines of this particular courtroom.
It's not just the facts that the public ought to see and understand, but the law that the jury will be instructed to employ and this has always been a tough legal case for prosecutors (even beyond the issue of whether prosecutors should have just sought a manslaughter charge rather second degree murder.)

When this case entered the public consciousness, Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law became a national focus. Under that controversial law, determining who was the aggressor is crucial to assessing whether a defendant can succeed in having a case dismissed. The defense here chose not to rely on that law, probably because they would have lost at a hearing.
Instead, they are arguing classic self defense and so Zimmerman's actions and mindset when he fired the shot are at issue. Was he reasonably in fear for his life or great bodily harm at the moment he pulled the trigger?

This jury could believe Zimmerman was wrong, even be convinced that he stalked Martin and still find that the prosecution had not survived its legal burden beyond a reasonable doubt. These legal distinctions are important and as part of the live coverage on many cable and local news networks they are discussing these issues thereby allowing people to better understand the process.

This is not to suggest in any way that the prosecution should be throwing in the towel. This week they will present evidence of inconsistencies in Zimmerman's own account of what happened and if they find his story implausible that could spell trouble for the defense. Furthermore, jurors can give some witnesses far more weight than others.
http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-prosecutions-woes-analysis-140121038--abc-news-topstories.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back