Black People : Trayvon Martin - LATEST UPDATE THREAD -Please Take A Moment And Sign Petition For Slain Florida Teen

IntelligentNoire

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
this petition for justice for a slain fl teen if you haven't already. If you havenot heard of Trayvon Martin, you can read all about him and the circumstances surrounding his death by following the link. I don't know if the petition will help, but we have to start somewhere.

http://www.change.org/petitions/lets-get-justice-for-trayvon-martin?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=share_with_facebook_friends

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention, anything done is better than doing nothing.

Peace In,

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
I agree. It may not be much but something is always better then nothing at all.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Here's update, just in case you may not be aware, but this lynching, as some would say, is now being carried over national news media; which suggests its not going away anytime soon, and we may see justice after all.

Peace In,

Kamau47

This is the kind of thing that reminds me of exactly just how far we've really come, or gone backwards.
But the spin cycle has already begun. I read that they're saying he had a toy gun on him. That alone should tell you where the "investigation" is heading.

thePreacher

Banned
The Huffington Post has a good piece of this. The killer has a history of violence, he was even arrested at one point for assaulting an police officer, and the police had previously received complaints about him harassing residents in the area. The piece lists what items the child had on him and there is no mention of a toy gun. Obviously, the shooter is being protected from prosecution by the local police chief, Bill Lee. But this is sounding like one of the situations where even our criminal justice system will not be able to protect the homicidal bigot for long.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blackberry/p.html?id=1340358

By the way, the child was found lying face down so I am wondering if Zimmerman, the shooter, shot him in the back. Reports have surfaced from people who heard the 911 tape indicating that Zimmerman refused to wait for the police because, his words, "they always get away".

I wonder who he meant by "they"?

Kamau47

It's over on CNN's website. They say he had a bag of skittles and a toy 9mm gun on him. Of course, I know how this game is played, and it's all just ways to cast doubt in the public eye about that murdered child. Next, we'll be hearing about his bad grades and his arrest & conviction for assault.
The game never changes for us. They just kill the players.

cherryblossom

Banned
they can still kill black people with impunity…..

Sho nuff.

I ain't seen no poems top a .38
I ain't seen no stanzas brake a honkie's head.
I ain't seen no metaphors stop a tank.
I ain't seen no words kill
& if the word was mightier than the sword
pushkin wouldn't be fertilizing russian soil/
& until my similes can protect me from a night stick
i guess i'll keep my razor
& buy me some more bullets.

by Don L. Lee (Haki Madhubuti)