Black Weight Loss : Tips on getting rid of acne?

So i asked people for their honest opinions, and my acne kind of went away but its still all over my face. My friends said i'd be so pretty without acne, and all my guy friends said i'd be the prettiest person in the school without it. It makes me so depressed D: And all my stress makes it worse, halp?

An old post...but still...

Dietary interventions really aren't useful. 'Don't eat' this and 'don't eat' that.
No.
...because acne isn't caused by sugar or fatty foods and blah, blah, blah. It has to do with hormones spurring the sebaceous glands to increase production of sebum...bacteria proliferates...the follicles become blocked and inflamed -> A pimple.

Recommendations:
- Visit a dematologist...but with most medications, the condition will usually get worse before it gets better.
- Watch the birth control pills. Hormones (progestin at high levels) can trigger acne flareups... Additionally, most women will experience flareups throughout the month thanks to hormonal changes associated with their menstruation (and menstrual changes). I used to take Ortho-tricyclin. I wasn't having sex as a teen but I used them to regulate my periods and maintain my complexion. It worked for the most part.
- Do you wear makeup? If you use cosmetics, it may help to switch to mineral-based products. Some of these foundations/powders provide great coverage...but they're sooo heavy and difficult to remove. I love MAC...but it's too heavy. I've since switched to Bare Minerals, though I still wear my MAC on occasion. Also, clean your makeup brushes often. Bacteria....
- Don't scrub your skin while cleaning. You don't need harsh cleansers and scrubs, either.
- Don't wash your face 2 and 3 times a day. It's overkill and worsens the condition.
- Don't pick at these lesions...it either spreads the bacteria or forces it deeper into the (follicle) skin. If you must, apply a warm compress or toothpaste to acne pustule. With a towel, apply pressure and gently squeeze. It if doesn't give, don't force it. Apply peroxide to the spot. This tool is effective w/blackheads and such:
sbRilTdAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

It can be found at SALLY'S.
Disinfect/sterilize your equipment afterwards. Just fill a dish with alchohol and drop the blackhead extractor in there.

Using myself as an example, I had oily skin...which became combo skin at 19...which has morphed into dry skin now, at 30.
I do lots of strange and interesting things to my skin (and hair...and body), which scares my fiance.

I'll keep it simple here, though.

If you're not going to use high-quality (pricey) products, natural and 'naturally-based products tend to work best.

My Healthy Skin Regimen:
- Facials--> It's a 1-2 times a month thing, usually. I get glycolic peels. Never much cared for microdermabrasion.
It doesn't have to be expensive. For instance, my aesthetician charges $50 for an hour-long glycolic peel. Just ensure that your person is experienced and also qualified - CERTIFIED - to provide ethnic skincare. Go to the place and inquire.

MASKS
- Egg White --> Use as a mask. It tightens the skin and reduces the pores...but (if you have dry skin) have a good moisturizer or the skin will dry out.
- Honey --> It's a humectant.
- Queen Helene Products
Afy4itjCovYUAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Ingredients:Distilled Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Iron Oxides, Fragrance, Phenocyethanol, Methylparaben
It's the Kaolin and Bentonite clay. Those are the active ingredients. I'm into clays. I've used the Kaolin independantly as I tend to also henna my hair. It does remove blemishes. There's also glycerin as an ingredient. This is a humectant. It pulls moisture. It is good for the face AND hair...as black hair tends to by very dry. (hint, hint)

- Proactiv
cbCE3zZYwm8cLOG3DZbwGwdL+G2DJWSYK8MSMsyVYQkZ5sqwhAxzZVhChrkyLCHDXBmWkGGuDEvIMFeGJWSYK8MSMsyVYQkZ5sqwhAxzZVhChrkyLCHDXBmWkGGuDEvIMFeGJWSYK8MSMsyVYQkZ5sqwhAxzZVhChrkyLCHDXBmWkGGuDEvIMFeGJWSYK8MSMsyVYQkZ5sqwhAxzZf4XnA3HRmaowIEAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Just dab it on the pimple. Buy it from Amazon and be done with it. That system, imo, isn't worth the money.

- Indian Healing Clay.

1E83bpUOC1QAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014P8L9W/?tag=destee0b-20

CLEANSERS
- From an old spa that I used to frequent. http://store.skinrejuvenation.com/clearskinbar.aspx
It's the only time that I've ever used spa brands. Normally, they're effective but ridiculously overpriced. It's very gentle and clears the skin. Lasts a good while too.

MOISTURIZERS
- Shea Butter --> PURE UNREFINED shea butter. It's a great and natural moisturizer
Also....http://store.skinrejuvenation.com/pumpkincream.aspx

ASTRINGENTS:
- Witch Hazel --> An astringent. It removes dirt and it's not harsh or drying. It can be bought from Sally's.
QW0Y3eibrg2jG33TtWF0o2+6Noxu9E3XhtGNvunaMLrRN10bRjf6pmvD6EbfdG0Y3eibrn8DqdfH7Csy1z4AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

So i asked people for their honest opinions, and my acne kind of went away but its still all over my face. My friends said i'd be so pretty without acne, and all my guy friends said i'd be the prettiest person in the school without it. It makes me so depressed D: And all my stress makes it worse, halp?

go to the dermatologist and request they give you TAZORAC, you can also try ASPIRIN MASK...yes ASPIRIN...put about 6-7 uncoated asprin's in your hand, add some water until its like a paste and put it on your face for about 2-3 minutes then rinse with cold water. Or just put some water in the asprin jar and that will soften the asprin for your face

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back