Science and Technology : The Time Travel Brotha. . .Dr. Ronald Mallett

How do you know that you are not lying in a container, filled with embryonic fluid, hooked into a computer simulation? You don't. In fact, no one in existence can disqualify that theory. I don't know. I suspect. You don't know, you suspect. So let us set the framework for discussion. I think this is good. Let's begin here.

If we agree that time travel is possible, then by that admission we are agreeing it has happened already. A time traveler would be like a photon. The past, future, and present mean nothing to him. They are merely locations on a map. Just like if you want to visit a friend in New York.

The question then becomes if that is true, why do we not experience a different past all the time?

Well, this is the deal, we can't say definitively what is real. Maybe we do experience different pasts all the time. We can't say we don't or do. We don't know if we have an infinity of pasts and are only able to perceive just one.

We already know that we cannot grasp the cosmos or universe as it truly is. We run experiments and come up with crazy results that cannot be explained using our flimsy concept of science. Our best minds know that we have a long way to go before even understanding the most basic and fundamental processes in existence. The prevailing understanding now is that timetravel likely possible, happens all the time, and influences the present all the time. We can simply see this one sliver of what we think is past, present, and future.

So we can debate the framework if you wish. But it is going to be really hard getting around that first shovel in the ground. Time travel allows you to go forward and backwards in time. If you can go backwards, then you are already have.

how do you know that in the future for which time travel is possible that they have not come up with rules and regulations(i.e. prime directive) which restricts the use of this technology...u keep assuming that if it happens once that time travel will be continuous which is a faulty assumption imho...

A_Sound_of_Thunder_poster.jpg

this movie kinda explores what we have been discussing today and the crazy amount of calculations needed to not affect the past when time traveling...for the most part i believe it's on point as altering the past can affect the present and future....

since u've read my post throughout the years you probably already know that i refer to this plane of existence as the matrix and also humans being a quark or even a smaller particle than that inside of a larger being....no one knows what reality totally is so let's keep this discussion strictly on time travel...we have plenty of room to move around in this multiverse...lol

one love
khasm

The Sound of Thunder is based on a sci-fi novel I read when I was a shorty. I don't understand what any of this has to do with my point. This has more to do with your reliance on a linear concept of time. You are wrong. And there are not many sources in Western physics that support your view. There are definitely no sources among non-Western philosophies.

For instance, Stephen Hawking and Leonard Susskind, two of theoretical physics greatest minds, do not even believe in the concept of free will any longer.

Why?

Because the future has already happened. If time and space are related, the future can't exist as a possibility. It has to be a real place just like the present. Time is fully defined just as space is.

As for all of these possibilities you keep bringing up. Yep, I agree, they are all possible and maybe all probable. In one version of spacetime, we are enslaved as a people. In another "Blacks" enslave "Whites". In another Asians are the "Master Race". Into infinity and beyond.

But just by accepting that time travel is possible, you have accepted that time would not matter to the traveler. It would not matter if Ronald Mallett discovered it tomorrow or some teenager stumbled upon it a million years from now. Time ceases to be a separate experience of past, present, and future. It becomes a landscape where you can go any where or any when. And you can change whatever you like. Someone could be changing your past right now and you could not even perceive it.

Here is another lesser known guy, Dr. David Lewis Anderson. You can check out what he says. He says a model has been built and they have tested it. What is weird is that the grandfather paradox doesn't appear to be true. But you run into even stranger issues.

David Lewis Anderson (Art Bell Coast to Coast)

I'm sorry bro. mazimtaim, but its difficult of me listen to Art Bell's Coast to Coast radio broadcast. I've tried over the years, only to realize it takes too much faith to believe most of the outlandish claims ... The fact that Anderson has been gone for quite some time and now returns is just too much of a stretch for me to get into:

The Sound of Thunder is based on a sci-fi novel I read when I was a shorty. I don't understand what any of this has to do with my point. This has more to do with your reliance on a linear concept of time. You are wrong. And there are not many sources in Western physics that support your view. There are definitely no sources among non-Western philosophies.

For instance, Stephen Hawking and Leonard Susskind, two of theoretical physics greatest minds, do not even believe in the concept of free will any longer.

Why?

Because the future has already happened. If time and space are related, the future can't exist as a possibility. It has to be a real place just like the present. Time is fully defined just as space is.

As for all of these possibilities you keep bringing up. Yep, I agree, they are all possible and maybe all probable. In one version of spacetime, we are enslaved as a people. In another "Blacks" enslave "Whites". In another Asians are the "Master Race". Into infinity and beyond.

But just by accepting that time travel is possible, you have accepted that time would not matter to the traveler. It would not matter if Ronald Mallett discovered it tomorrow or some teenager stumbled upon it a million years from now. Time ceases to be a separate experience of past, present, and future. It becomes a landscape where you can go any where or any when. And you can change whatever you like. Someone could be changing your past right now and you could not even perceive it.[/quote]

its not about perceptions...its about the ripple effect brother...and man altering reaity...are we ready for that responcibility? altermate universes aside...

one love
khasm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back