Science and Technology : The Time Travel Brotha. . .Dr. Ronald Mallett

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by mazimtaim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50

What do you all think? I have been following this brotha for a few years now. He has some contemporaries that say he has already built and tested the machine. And there are some very interesting results.

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

I think its amazing ... This guy, Mallett, is up there with the big boys doing big things ... Its good to see we are highly represented in this field, to mention the great job Neil Tyson is doing.

I noticed Spike Lee has the movie rights. Wonder what's taking so long to get the movie out, or did I miss it?

Are there any link sources perhaps, on those that say he's built and tested the machine?

3. mazimtaim

Ratings:
    +50
    Ha! Yeah, Spike Lee hooked up with the brotha. Oh, everyone knows Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson. He might be the most famous physicist on earth besides Dr. Hawking. The movie has not been released yet. I guess everything is hush hush. We can only hope it will be out soon. It is so funny, his detractors are so dismissive of him. But he has a lot of supporters and some are real heavyweights like Dr. David Deutsch and Dr. Michael Brooks.

Here is another lesser known guy, Dr. David Lewis Anderson. You can check out what he says. He says a model has been built and they have tested it. What is weird is that the grandfather paradox doesn't appear to be true. But you run into even stranger issues.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    Thanks for this, the first time I have 2 full hours of free time, I will check this out and get back ... Peace In my brother friend.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :qqb009: why would a black man want to go back?

6. mazimtaim

Ratings:
    +50
    Haha! What's up James? He was actually motivated by the death of his father. When he was a child, it was a very traumatic experience because his father died so young. That lead him into science, into physics, and then into theoretical physics. He just happened to have a natural talent for it. Looking into his models, you really cannot go back farther than when you first power on the machine. That is when the circular loop is started.

There are other models where you can go back as far as you wish.

It is kind of a weird concept. It is not so much that you "go back". You simply journey to a different position in spacetime. No different than if you decided to take a rocket to Mars.

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Let us all assume that what he is doing is totally legit....now for the moment of truth. Would anyone here REALLY WANT THIS IN THE HANDS OF YT PEOPLE? REALLY, think bout it for a second. We so busy celebrating the genius of the brother that we really aren't conscious of jack ish!!! We act like they have changed, like they are honerable, just, humane, trustworthy, realiable and all that other good stuff. Would any sane Black person here really want something like this in YT peoples hands!!!????

If any of us say yes, it will only confirm what I already know to be true collectively...and that's that, "We are out of our darn minds!!!" Talk about Frankenstien!!!!....can't get no worst than this if it's legit. This is as bad as the creation of the cotton gin because prior to that invention, slavery was dying. It was that single invention that changed the course of physical slavery. Anybody here game for going back into it with the push of a time machine button??? Thought so!!!

8. mazimtaim

Ratings:
    +50
    I just think that's the wrong way to think of things. When we think of the past. . ."we" meaning us "Black" folks. We think of a singular past when we were slaves, when "Whites" maintained Jim Crow, etc., etc. "Black" history is much more than American slavery. It is ancient, wide, deep. . .there so much "Black" history. . .and there should be. African Cultures are among the oldest.

But there is something else that I think we miss with this whole onset of technology and science. We miss out on the teachings of the Ancient Ones from Africa. Would they, the ones who taught that time is merely an illusion, be afraid of this supposed time travel? Really? That would be interesting.

But anyway, back to the present. Mallett is only trying to send back information via a few neutrons, for a few seconds. Of course anything more complex is decades away. But he doesn't need to do much to be hailed as one of the greatest minds in modern physics. He would have created a template and given us a deeper understanding of how time works. Because if he is right, all this crap about past and future is nonsense. Both exist, both are real, and they are real all the time.

Mallett's discovery isn't a choice. It is inevitable.

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    truthfully speaking...we are not ready for something like this...
    maybe in a 1000 years God willing...but an invention that would allow us
    to navigate the space time continuum would inevitably lead to evil given the current state
    of affairs within the human race....i commend the brother for his work but i cant help but
    think of the brother that invented skynet in the terminator series....

one love
    khasm

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Exactly, we should first give respect to a great black mind, with the understanding that this project is far, far away from being completed; but if it is finalized, the powerful black mind gets the credit.