Black People : "The New Black".. on same-sex marriage and the African American community in Maryland.

This is where the the fundamentalist religious black folks and I bumps heads and where we fall completely out.

They don't get to determine what is considered a real marriage based on their personal religious beliefs and as we see, their personal opinions really are irrelevant when it comes to equality, period.

On one hand to some of the black community, I am cool and it is all good because I am black. But, my humanity is lessened when you discover I am a lesbian.

To respond to the thread, I don't know if I'd call all of this the 'new black' because we really don't need to label it that, but I'd call it a fight for equality , that is what it boils down to for me.

[medio]1649[/medio]
The New Black is a documentary that tells the story of how the African-American community is grappling with the gay rights issue in light of the recent gay marriage movement and the fight over civil rights. The film documents activists, families and clergy on both sides of the campaign to legalize gay marriage and examines homophobia in the black community’s institutional pillar—the black church and reveals the Christian right wing’s strategy of exploiting this phenomenon in order to pursue an anti-gay political agenda.
http://www.newblackfilm.com/the-film/

The New Black is a documentary that tells the story of how the African-American community is grappling with the gay rights issue in light of the recent gay marriage movement and the fight over civil rights. The film documents activists, families and clergy on both sides of the campaign to legalize gay marriage and examines homophobia in the black community’s institutional pillar—the black church and reveals the Christian right wing’s strategy of exploiting this phenomenon in order to pursue an anti-gay political agenda.
http://www.newblackfilm.com/the-film/

There is so much hypocrisy within the religious community that I honestly just have to laugh sometimes; it is actually funny at this point, when many of the same ones are closeted or bisexual themselves.

Fundamentalism always makes a hypocrite out of the followers, always.

The same bible they used to justify slavery, sexism, racism, etc..they use to justify ostracizing another group of people based solely on what a book that God supposedly wrote says. *shaking my head*

There is so much hypocrisy within the religious community that I honestly just have to laugh sometimes; it is actually funny at this point, when many of the same ones are closeted or bisexual themselves.

Fundamentalism always makes a hypocrite out of the followers, always.

The same bible they used to justify slavery, sexism, racism, etc..they use to justify ostracizing another group of people based solely on what a book that God supposedly wrote says. *shaking my head*
It's like
"Don't crucify my God but I will and can choop your heart up and blow it out fast religiously."
Leaves folks like me wondering which way is up. Won't someone pray tell.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back