Black Spirituality Religion : Suicide

Does not compute

If u are considering it, please, don't. I am selfish, and I need your spirit to assist in replenishing mine (moreover from what brother kmtsun said)

It is selfish! to think you are the only one struggling and having a very difficult time, so... then I take the easiest way out? To many suicide is a selfish act. So I really would like for us to understand you may try to speak for other people but please ask for clarification when speaking for others. Because we are all at different levels and you may miss something in your understanding; therefore missing the interpretation of someone's intent.

No, to forget self and help others is an act of God. Not selfishness. Why not we all take the shortcut and end it all? Wow, then there will no Black people to suffer. To erase the individual is the highest manifestation of God's math. We are all tired and have thoughts of giving up. But for me, 'other than self' keeps me going on, so my son can live in a free and positive environment.

No matter if it is right or wrong, the fact is that it does exist. If u r the one whom is left in the aftermath of such, my deepest sympathies. Trust me, I know what it feels like both ways.

Further more, I think is it selfish for someone to ask a person to not commit suicide because how the other person may feel after the deed. To not be selfish is to not think of self.

I respect all members, and if I don't understand something I will ask. I know there are people who may know more than myself. And my knowledge have grown to understand and know, you should not take things for granted, no matter how simple. That's how i found this site, because someone thought Ra Un Nefer Amen was a bit of a fraud because they lacked the understanding to know the difference. If I ask questions, then I can gain the understanding to comment on what someone may have intended or said.

Peace

Live, Learn, and Thrive

kmtsun

TKM

www.blecsun.com

I think most of the replies are going off too far. Mr E.B.

asks

Are there any moral and ethical principles involving suicide?

Is it Right? Is it Wrong?

Are there any known cultures that have produced detailed religious codes and/or literature that deal with suicide?

Please help me find this info!!! Anybody would can and will help please post as soon as possible!

PEACE!

He never answered Destee's ??????

You ask if there are any moral or ethical principles involving suicide, and i can't help but wonder, from what perspective are you asking ... the person considering / committing suicide, or those left to review the suicide?

He could need the answer for a school paper or maybe he made a wager with somebody who told him (or vice versa) there were ppl abroad that accept suicide as part of their culture. So he decided to go to a place known for intelligent ppl (Destee.com) and ask if anyone knew. And he could be under a time constraint to produce his answer.

Bottom line it's time for Mr. Eric Bell to answer before ppl really start charging him of wanting to take his own life.

Peace

Thanks!

hiphopolx said:
I do understand the wisdom of Yemoja'sGoddess. Most ppl are under the illusion that they are apart/seperate. By letting some ppl know they are needed/useful can result to that person realizing they are not useless and give them purpose, and a place amongst the whole.

Keep on shining Goddess!!!!!
:wave: I see you

Peace

Thanks so much hiphopolx, I appreciate that. However, this is a rather touchy subject for myself, so I will comment no further on this thread. As I said in my previous post... "a person has absolutely no idea what the next man/woman is going through"

Much luv 2 u, and everyoe else that continues to share:)

Bless

Are there any moral and ethical principles involving suicide?

Is it Right? Is it Wrong?

Are there any known cultures that have produced detailed religious codes and/or literature that deal with suicide?

Please help me find this info!!! Anybody would can and will help please post as soon as possible!

PEACE!

-----------------------------------------------
Beloved Mighty Warrior Eric Bell, if you return to this thread, please let me know how I can contact you. Send an email address.

You are a precious and treasured cargo.

:qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back