Black Spirituality Religion : Suicide

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by cursed heart, Jan 2, 2008.

1. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I had a friend who recently hung himself.
    I know biblical people say you are tortured for an eternity.
    Spiritually what truly happens to you?
    I don't understand why he killed himself.
    I looked at him as he lay lifeless in his casket and I just couldn't understand how he could take his life.
    My girlfriend blames herself because she was on the phone with him when he did it.
    Is there anyway I could speak to him spiritually?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister Cursed Heart ... Peace and Blessings ... Happy New Year !!! :birthday:

Sister ... i don't have the answers to your questions, but this thought came to mind, after reading your last question ...

You may want to be careful, imposing yourself upon those who don't want to be imposed upon (living or dead).

You say your friend, this young man, killed himself ... clearly choosing to make himself unavailable.

Considering the fact that there's nothing you can do to undo his decision, the next logical step (to me), would be to respect that decision. Even if i didn't like it, even if i had all kinds of questions, even if i just wanted to understand better, hear it from him, etc. All of this would pale in comparison to my wanting to honor his obvious wishes, of being left alone.

Much Love and Peace Sister.

:heart:

Destee

3. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    Hi destee and happy new year to you as well.
    I guess you're right.
    He just had so much going for himself.
    I know people have inner struggles but to take your own life!
    It makes me wonder how many people actually think about it.
    You could be laughing on the outside and crying on the inside.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Thank You Sister ... :love:

Yes, you're right, it leaves those of us left living, wondering ...

Why didn't we notice their pain, why didn't we talk to them, why didn't we see, why didn't we stop it ...

I believe there are many of us wrestling with suicidal / homicidal thoughts, more than we care to imagine.

Most of us are struggling to stay alive, prosper, get ahead, etc., and aint got time to see another Sister or Brother's pain.

We've got to change our collective condition, questioning, understanding, before our loved ones make such drastic choices.

Love You Sister !!! Remain Forever Encouraged !!! :love:

Destee

5. cursed heart

Ratings:
    +38
    Actually i saw something but it was more on a defensive type thing.
    Before we were friends we would have words.
    We are all friends of friends.
    He told me I looked at him a certain way.
    We had this huge discussion/argument.
    He said sometimes when you speak I can tell you are talking about me.
    Sometimes when I speak,/ I speak in rhythm/poetry.
    We went back and forth that night.
    Why he cared so much about what I thought I'm not sure.
    After that we were cool.
    My girlfriend said he always talked about suicide.
    They were a couple for about a year.
    I know the world is ugly but we are here for a reason.
    She blames herself because she didn't think he would actually do it.
    You know destee people don't care enough.
    With everything we have going on in our lives we need to make time.
    I try to reach out to many even with all the chaos I have going on in my life.
    Maybe that's why I don't have much energy left for myself.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister ... i believe the system is set up this way, for us not to have the wherewithal, to care about each other.

We're individually justified in not caring, not having time, not having resources, etc., as we collectively die / kill self / each other.

Yeah ... i think it's meant to be this way, keeping us focused on / bragging about survival of self, while we collectively die.

Love You Sister!

Destee

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

cursed heart,

If you will accept my post, this will shed some light toward the proper biblical interpretation relating to suicide and spiritual life thereafter.

Matthew 12: 31-32-(Suicide, etc…)

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

And whoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

In the above verses, we have Christ Jesus/Yahshua teaching on the only sin that will not be forgiven unto men and that is the sin of: blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.

Ecclesiastes 12: 7-(Spiritual life thereafter)

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

In the above, we have the understanding that the breath of life that was breathed into man’s nostrils so that he became a living soul is returned to God.

As far as believing that loved ones that are deceased can converse again, ask yourself, who wants humans to believe this? Who contradicted God in the garden? It was Satan! Reasonably then, who invented the idea that a spirit part of man survives the death of the body? Again, that would be Satan.

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I have a friend who sort of let it slip that this was something he was contemplating. I guess it's easy to want to believe or actually believe someone won't go through with it, and that's especially if you've been on the brink yourself, but found your way back. You wonder, why would they go through with it; don't they know that's a permanent end? We've kept in touch though, and I believe he'll get better as the days go by.

I don't believe at all one can speak with them after they've passed, because this is how the Father has set things to be.

I keep faith in the One who died for our iniquity, and belief who was resurrected back to life from the dead, knowing that nothing is out of the Father's Will, even if it is something that we'd rather not be so, as He has taught us. So, I won't worry about what's not in my hands to change, but simply pry for blessings where it is needed, and hope in my Father for the very best. :)