Black Spirituality Religion : Suicide

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Eric Bell, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Eric Bell

Eric Bell Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any moral and ethical principles involving suicide?

Is it Right? Is it Wrong?

Are there any known cultures that have produced detailed religious codes and/or literature that deal with suicide?

Please help me find this info!!! Anybody would can and will help please post as soon as possible!

PEACE!

2. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    It is wrong

No.

It is wrong.

Japanese, hari-kari

When one takes their own life they go to hell until their appointed time of death. Taking ones life is equivalent to throwing GODs greatest gift back in HIS Face.

Peace and Love.

3. BlackMamba

BlackMamba Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I dont have any particular place to refer you, off hand. I'll look around if you want something documented.

However, I was always under the impression that it was wrong because it was the one thing that you couldn't repent and change once you do it, then its a done deal.

4. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    There is no such thing as a hell beyond death. Hell and heaven is a mind-set.

Evidence of the mind-set here on/in earth right now tells us we are already in a hell, and if there are two hells. What Tha?

When we die we return to Infinity period, the good, bad and the ugly amonf us.

I meditate Metasaience enters this thread.

:qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018:

5. kmtsun

kmtsun New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    It Is Not Right and Really No Advantages

Peace Brother and Sister of the Black Family Worldwide.

From what I gathered on my travels, physically and spiritually, you must know there is a reason you are here in this reality. Your higher-self seems to have made the choice of being here at this time. There is something you must learn, you gain experiences to learn and grow within the universal hierarchy.

So I would say it is 'wrong' and have no real advantage to kill yourself because you have to learn whatever you need to learn. So, you are basically living a loop. I would be strong; recognize the problem, study it closely, and come to a realization you can over come it without exception. You are a divine being underneath the sheath you call your body or self. Remember what our Fathers told us Kmt Man, Know thy self. It is much deeper than I am African or Human.

And more importantly, it is wrong because you abandon the people that need you. We as a Black Family Worldwide need each and every Black person on this planet to secure our future and the safety of our children. We are living the end time; it is time to wake up and unite. Unification does not mean a lot of change, just very important changes. We are one... We need to protect ourselves and our children.

We are different from other races but on other levels we are really one.(gene) And there is nothing wrong with that. Things you see before you are differentiated by the properties they represent in reality. So any noticeable change in the properties will automatically registers difference in most people's mind. And not only that we influence abundance of human expression or GOD creative powers. As long as we respect others and live by GOD laws; harmony can embrace our cultures as many but really one.
    Live, Learn and Thrive

TKM

kmtsun

www.blecsun.com

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Eric Bell ... Peace and Blessings ... and Welcome ... if i've not done so already ... :wave:

You ask if there are any moral or ethical principles involving suicide, and i can't help but wonder, from what perspective are you asking ... the person considering / committing suicide, or those left to review the suicide?

From the position of the person considering / committing suicide, i'd have to say they are probably in a terrible mental, spiritual, psychological, and physical condition. They are unable to easily apply whatever moral or ethical principles they had lived by, thus far. To this person, at that time, it looks right.

From the position of those who are left to review, i don't really know first hand. I've never had someone close to me, take their life. From the outside looking in, i'd probably wonder how did the morals and ethics of my own life, miss whatever signs and signals, that might have been there ... that may have given me a clue my friend or loved one, was so sad and sick. To this person, it's probably wrong.

I had a time in my life, where i considered suicide. It was a terrible place to be. I wrote a poem about it ... Deep Despair.

Those are the moral and ethical things that come to my mind, after reading your post.

I don't know if it will help, but it was a pleasure sharing. Thanks for the opportunity.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

7. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94

Isa:14:15: Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Those Words come from the Supreme Being Itself. So who should I believeā€¦..GOD or some Christian philosophy that was perceived once Christians realized if their story was going to stick in Jesus dying for all sin they had to remove any concept of a physical after-life hell but to do that they also had remove the after-life physical heaven?

I believe GOD has more insight as to the workings of HIS own Kingdom, after all GOD built it not Christians or Jesus.

The Egyptians also believed in a physical after life-heaven and hell.

This is not a good thread to talk about this.

Peace and Love.

8. Yemoja'sGoddess

Yemoja'sGoddess Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    Hmmm

If u are considering it, please, don't. I am selfish, and I need your spirit to assist in replenishing mine:) (moreover from what brother kmtsun said)

Yes, this life is hard, we are all going through something, and u have no idea what the next man/woman is dealing with. From the depths of my soul, I plead with u, stay.

No matter if it is right or wrong, the fact is that it does exist. If u r the one whom is left in the aftermath of such, my deepest sympathies. Trust me, I know what it feels like both ways.

Someone told me never to give up too soon. Your blessings is right around the corner. I had to ponder for months what exactly is "too soon". I have come to find that "too soon" is before u r called to elevated. I hope u find the same revelation (if u r considering). Let's get through this life together.

I may not know u, nonetheless, being at the fact that I was born into this life we r living during the same time, I AM A PART OF U. I sincerely hope u feel me hugging u:grouphug::kiss1:

9. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    QUOTE=Music Producer]

Those Words come from the Supreme Being Itself. So who should I believeā€¦..GOD or some Christian philosophy that was perceived once Christians realized if their story was going to stick in Jesus dying for all sin they had to remove any concept of a physical after-life hell but to do that they also had remove the after-life physical heaven?

I believe GOD has more insight as to the workings of HIS own Kingdom, after all GOD built it not Christians or Jesus.

The Egyptians also believed in a physical after life-heaven and hell.

This is not a good thread to talk about this.

Peace and Love.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmmm

or
    Originally Posted by Goddess Auset333

Evidence of the mind-set here on/in earth right now tells us we are already in a hell, and if there are two hells. What Tha?

Doing a weighing of words I'd have to go with

Originally Posted by Goddess Auset333

It has a ring of truth to it.

while

Sounds like a line from the movie 'Pulp Fiction"

Your God doesn't Ghost write for movie scripts does he? If he doesn't he might want to get a lawyer He'd have a alot suits of plagiarism if he wins maybe he could cut back the % of tithes the church charges. Just a thought you could run by him.
    :qqb011:

10. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved Mighty warrior King god Divine Seer hiphopolx :
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
    :qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018: