Law Forum : Should Prostitution Be Legalized?

Should Prostitution Be Legalized?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the problem is that those with a point of view will always come up with stuff that supports their POV.

my father was a musician. i grew up around musicians, artists, writers, dancers and singers.
some were homosexual. i was taught and mentored by some older gays. no problem.
in fact, it was gay male african dancers who first introduced me to african culture.

the dancers were gorgeous women in tip top form. they had to be.
back in the day it was no big thing for a dancer to turn a trick to pay the rent.
some only on occasion and some on a regular basis. i have known plenty hos in different area codes.

there was no violence.

those who worked with pimps used the pimps to vet the johns and to collect fees and insure safety.

now i am not saying there is no violence out there. there is slavery and trafficking. that's reality.
my point is that not ALL prostitution involves violence. far from it.

anybody who says that has a POV or is just ignorant.

the problem is that those with a point of view will always come up with stuff that supports their POV.

my father was a musician. i grew up around musicians, artists, writers, dancers and singers.
some were homosexual. i was taught and mentored by some older gays. no problem.
in fact, it was gay male african dancers who first introduced me to african culture.

the dancers were gorgeous women in tip top form. they had to be.
back in the day it was no big thing for a dancer to turn a trick to pay the rent.
some only on occasion and some on a regular basis. i have known plenty hos in different area codes.

there was no violence.

those who worked with pimps used the pimps to vet the johns and to collect fees and insure safety.

now i am not saying there is no violence out there. there is slavery and trafficking. that's reality.
my point is that not ALL prostitution involves violence. far from it.

anybody who says that has a POV or is just ignorant.

I don't know. It could be over-dramatization for ratings....

From my observation, prostitution today is nothing like it was back in the day. I remember a popular "ho stroll" near Cal Berkeley. The women wore fur coats and were all dressed up to the nines. The pimps could be identified by their flamboyant cars and fancy clothes. I don't see that kind of prostitution anymore. What I see now doesn't compare at all. I think what you are describing might be more like what I remember from back in the day.

Anyway, when the citizens of Berkeley had enough, they started taking pictures of the rear license plates of the tricks with the prostitutes leaning on their cars, and they would show their cars and plates on the local news broadcast every night. Problem solved. They left that location.

my opinion remains that all 'vices' should be legal......

You believe, with all those young under-aged girls that are trafficked, and all those junkies selling their body's for their next high, all the beatings for not bringing in enough cash, and getting out of the business is not an option, prostitution is a victimless crime?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back