Science and Technology : Sex with Neanderthals Made Us Stronger

Slick, said something like homo sapiens only got some resistance to the cold from neanderthals...
I simply reminded him that the article(atleast the one I read) was talking about immunity to diseases. And how ancient Europeans and Asians came in contact w/ Neanderthals and swapped dna, immunity...
We weren't(well I wasn't) talking about blk Africans, that's why I said this has nothing to do w/ Chinelo.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Thanks blackeyes, makes better sense to me now. Sorry for the intrude. These kinds of non-conclusive articles are troublesome as is, let alone interpreting them...From my understanding, homo sapiens sapiens represent all people of today and labels all of humanity.

Peace In,

Slick, did you read the article? They're talking about immunity and genes...
Neanderthals that modern "humans" encounted already had immunity to diseases that modern humans did not. They were probably like the fittest Neanderthals b/c they had survived so far. Humans coming out of Africa were fit for Africa and not Europe or Asia.
They couldn't stop at the free clinic on the way out and get vaccinated lol So they did the next best thing... they had sex with Neanderthals. They got their immunity for some diseases that probably would have wiped out their entire pop. But thanks to those horrible violent subhuman :rolleyes: Neanderthals humans survived.

And what am I talking about? Clearly you have no idea on how immunity works and the relationship of parasites and their host. If you put an ancient African right now in Africa it will succumb to diseases very rapidly because the parasites/germs have long evolved. It's an arm race. Further those who picked beneficial neanderthal genes most likely lost their immunity to tropical diseases as such genes are redundant in cold climate. In Germs and Steel, it clearly illustrates a case where Europeans died trying to colonize deeper into Africa from the temperate south. And all this is connected to that article and breeding with Neanderthal. If you can't see the connections, it's none of my business.

It's also mostly nonsense to assume HS wiped out Neanderthals. This runs contrary to the most respectable theories on how Neanderthal became extinct.

What I find dangerous with your way of thinking, is that you persist on putting Neanderthals on a pedestal and thinking on same line as white supremacists right here in a black bastion, disseminating their nascent propaganda rather than trying to nip it right in the bud; ideas that will in the future be used to belittle blacks and people of colour.

And what am I talking about? Clearly you have no idea on how immunity works and the relationship of parasites and their host. If you put an ancient African right now in Africa it will succumb to diseases very rapidly because the parasites/germs have long evolved. It's an arm race. Further those who picked beneficial neanderthal genes most likely lost their immunity to tropical diseases as such genes are redundant in cold climate. In Germs and Steel, it clearly illustrates a case where Europeans died trying to colonize deeper into Africa from the temperate south. And all this is connected to that article and breeding with Neanderthal. If you can't see the connections, it's none of my business.

It's also mostly nonsense to assume HS wiped out Neanderthals. This runs contrary to the most respectable theories on how Neanderthal became extinct.

What I find dangerous with your way of thinking, is that you persist on putting Neanderthals on a pedestal and thinking on same line as white supremacists right here in a black bastion, disseminating their nascent propaganda rather than trying to nip it right in the bud; ideas that will in the future be used to belittle blacks and people of colour.

lol really? Where did you read this? Or did you do research yourself? I need to see some peer reviewed articles, bks, journals...something. We already have one person making up science and inserting their opinions. Articles, accepted facts, theories and such are cool but I am not interested in discussing/debating opinions.

So, you're saying europeans lost their immunity to tropical diseases, hence why europeans died and Africans didn't? So, that would mean that Africans had immunity to tropical diseases like malaria?
So, why are Africans dying from malaria like right now? Jared Diamond says it's b/c they lived in small groups in high dry regions away from mosquittos. Europeans changed all that...they then lived in large groups w/ unsanity conditions...

um, why we talkin about white people?

I know that's right and I am done.
But for what it's worth they probably weren't white around the time they met the Neanderthals. Evolution took time, like maybe 100, 000 yrs.
Deuces!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back