Black People : Self Preservation is Natural

IntelligentNoir

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2007
Im a Psychology Major at my local University. During many of my sessions of studying human behavior there is one theme that is continual and that is man's desire for self preservation. I've noticed that every group except black folks understand the desire for self preservation. WE seem incapabale of understanding the desire to see our group prosper is inate, and not a wrong thing. In fact, unless we posess this desire we are doomed to perish.

This way of thinking manifests throughout our community. It's not that we can't do better, rather we focus too hard on how we will be viewed by others if we focus too intently on ways to make people who look like us propser. Yet no other group stops and thinks for a second how it looks to others. In fact, our inability to recognize this detriment to our thinking has made us targets in our own backyards. As someone pointed out in another thread, we have people boldly moving into our communities and victimizing us, Arabs, Asians ect. And their efforts are to ensure the survival of their offspring and elevate them into a place of power at the expense of our offspring.

I think also that this opression of what is natural is what leads to depression and a feeling of hopelessness in the face of adversity. It is the reasons our kids have taken up arms and begun to fight one another. Their war is not with one another but the system, but some how they've been convinced that they are not to desire surival and fight back. The frustration as a result is devastating for us on many levels. So tell me brothers and sisters, why do black people fight so vehemently against the most natural of instincts, self preservation? And how do we combat this mind set? I know for many adults it may be too late, but what about our childre?. How do we make them understand that instead of turning the guns on one another that they must turn their minds towards their community and that there is NOTHING wrong in doing so? That it's okay to want to work towards living. Thisis a matter of their survival.

Im a Psychology Major at my local University. During many of my sessions of studying human behavior there is one theme that is continual and that is man's desire for self preservation. I've noticed that every group except black folks understand the desire for self preservation. WE seem incapabale of understanding the desire to see our group prosper is inate, and not a wrong thing. In fact, unless we posess this desire we are doomed to perish.

This way of thinking manifests throughout our community. It's not that we can't do better, rather we focus too hard on how we will be viewed by others if we focus too intently on ways to make people who look like us propser. Yet no other group stops and thinks for a second how it looks to others. In fact, our inability to recognize this detriment to our thinking has made us targets in our own backyards. As someone pointed out in another thread, we have people boldly moving into our communities and victimizing us, Arabs, Asians ect. And their efforts are to ensure the survival of their offspring and elevate them into a place of power at the expense of our offspring.

I think also that this opression of what is natural is what leads to depression and a feeling of hopelessness in the face of adversity. It is the reasons our kids have taken up arms and begun to fight one another. Their war is not with one another but the system, but some how they've been convinced that they are not to desire surival and fight back. The frustration as a result is devastating for us on many levels. So tell me brothers and sisters, why do black people fight so vehemently against the most natural of instincts, self preservation? And how do we combat this mind set? I know for many adults it may be too late, but what about our childre?. How do we make them understand that instead of turning the guns on one another that they must turn their minds towards their community and that there is NOTHING wrong in doing so? That it's okay to want to work towards living. Thisis a matter of their survival.

That's just it; it is the system that has worked against us for hundreds of years and some of us has lost sight of that. We want to deal with 'now' and if we don't look at the bigger picture [the system] than we won't be able to see a possible solution.

i think one step to help us embrace 'self-preservation' and to help our children is to continue to communicate with one another and look at positive outcomes in the past; ...WE NEED TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND TOO in regards to the past deceptions with regards to our true presence on this earth.

There have been some GOOD STORIES of Black people who did ban together and become victorious but most of these stories have been debauched to kill our hope.

You are so wrong, We have survived so long, because we have the will. You need to go back to your books. I give you an F, for yor studies so far!

So you see nothing wrong with blacks fighting other blacks over simple issues such as buying from black businesses and only black businesses? You see nothing wrong with blacks fighting blacks or accusing blacks who want to date/marry other blacks as wrong or and issue of preservation? You see nothing wrong with blacks who want to do good within the community being told by other blacks it's a waste of time? You see nothing wrong with blacks moving out of the community and into predominately whie communities becuase they're better as a problem? Because I view all of this as a problem and the only people I see who fight one another over things that work for the betterment as opposed the detriment are black folks.

Yes we have survived thus far. Now the question is how do we continue to do so in a society that is constantly telling black youth that to think about their community and focus on it is "bad" or racist while congratulating whites and others who do the same. Our children are told constantly they should not focus on just black people but ALL people. That is a problem.

This way of thinking manifests throughout our community. It's not that we can't do better, rather we focus too hard on how we will be viewed by others if we focus too intently on ways to make people who look like us propser.
Yet no other group stops and thinks for a second how it looks to others. In fact, our inability to recognize this detriment to our thinking has made us targets in our own backyards. As someone pointed out in another thread, we have people boldly moving into our communities and victimizing us, Arabs, Asians ect. And their efforts are to ensure the survival of their offspring and elevate them into a place of power at the expense of our offspring.

"WE seem incapabale of understanding the desire to see our group prosper is inate, and not a wrong thing. In fact, unless we posess this desire we are doomed to perish".

Are you just talking about African Americans? If you are, the above statement is limited. Number one, African Americans are not the only black people in the world. In fact, black people outnumber any other race of people on this planet, yet, black people are the only ones at the bottom. This has been going on for thousands of years, black people being exploited, yet still they haven't perished. In fact, they have multiplied.

Realistically speaking, for black people to perish is impossible. If black people perish, that would mean that the entire so called human race has perished as well.

"This way of thinking manifests throughout our community. It's not that we can't do better, rather we focus too hard on how we will be viewed by others if we focus too intently on ways to make people who look like us propser".

Caring about what other people think won't cause black people to Perish, caring about what other people think will keep black people un united and less productive as a whole but it won't cause them to perish. Even when death has taken many black people out, example: AIDS or Cancer, black people still manage to multiply in large quantities. Being that black people already outnumber any other race, some of them dying followed by many of them being born, seems to balance black people in terms of ratio, hence, no perishing taking place. There is no evidence that black people will perish unless they learn how to "self preserve"

"The self preservation"
you speak of seems to be rooted in the white mans perception. This earth has to much food and to much water for there to be a such thing as starving people, or thirsty people. In such cases, taking food and water from people in order to self preserve ones self, seems more like greed, rather than self preservation.

W.I.P :whip:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back