Black People : Self Preservation is Natural

That's just it; it is the system that has worked against us for hundreds of years and some of us has lost sight of that. We want to deal with 'now' and if we don't look at the bigger picture [the system] than we won't be able to see a possible solution.

i think one step to help us embrace 'self-preservation' and to help our children is to continue to communicate with one another and look at positive outcomes in the past; ...WE NEED TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND TOO in regards to the past deceptions with regards to our true presence on this earth.

There have been some GOOD STORIES of Black people who did ban together and become victorious but most of these stories have been debauched to kill our hope.

I agree. Black people have virtually been wiped from history given the white account. Of course I realize and know of the wonderful works blacks have done and the civilizations we brought forth, and as a mother I do my best to pass these teachings on. Still there are many children who are not exposed to truth and the questions begs to be asked, why? I don't know about other states, but there are no such institutions of learnings about our heritage where I'm from. I think there is much we can do, but the question is why is it not being done? Is it we don't view the information as important enough? And if so, why? Is it a case of assimilation over preservation? Just wondering?

The cause for our ills is not because we have no will of survival.

It's because we have lost our sense of real community. The results are all that you've mentioned. The youth need to be told or explained as to who is on their side, and who is not.

You don't empower any one by telling them, they have lost their will to persaver.

By teaching our youth, is how we will survive against our opponents. Teach them to hold up our community first.

I'm sure we can agree on this.

"WE seem incapabale of understanding the desire to see our group prosper is inate, and not a wrong thing. In fact, unless we posess this desire we are doomed to perish".

Are you just talking about African Americans? If you are, the above statement is limited. Number one, African Americans are not the only black people in the world. In fact, black people outnumber any other race of people on this planet, yet, black people are the only ones at the bottom. This has been going on for thousands of years, black people being exploited, yet still they haven't perished. In fact, they have multiplied.

Realistically speaking, for black people to perish is impossible. If black people perish, that would mean that the entire so called human race has perished as well.

"This way of thinking manifests throughout our community. It's not that we can't do better, rather we focus too hard on how we will be viewed by others if we focus too intently on ways to make people who look like us propser".

Caring about what other people think won't cause black people to Perish, caring about what other people think will keep black people un united and less productive as a whole but it won't cause them to perish. Even when death has taken many black people out, example: AIDS or Cancer, black people still manage to multiply in large quantities. Being that black people already outnumber any other race, some of them dying followed by many of them being born, seems to balance black people in terms of ratio, hence, no perishing taking place. There is no evidence that black people will perish unless they learn how to "self preserve"

"The self preservation"
you speak of seems to be rooted in the white mans perception. This earth has to much food and to much water for there to be a such thing as starving people, or thirsty people. In such cases, taking food and water from people in order to self preserve ones self, seems more like greed, rather than self preservation.

W.I.P :whip:

Actually, Im not worried about food or the lack of it. So no my view of preservations is not one about food as much as it is a safe and thriving community. You are right, I was focusing on AA as that is the extent of my experience. Sorry, but I have not come in contact with many people of African decent outside of the America's and even then, they are not particularly culturally diverse.

It is as you have said, caring about what outsiders think will keep us seperated as a people. If we are seperated we are not working together. If we're not working together we're not moving forwards. If we're not moving forward, we're not making gains for our people. I am not so much concerned about the monetary apsect of it as much as I am just a place of comfort and where black children can exist without the constant worry of living up to white expectations for them aka assimilation. I don't think that is an unreasonable goal or desire.

And seeing that this is a learning experience, what do you mean if we persih all others will also?

The cause for our ills is not because we have no will of survival.

It's because we have lost our sense of real community. The results are all that you've mentioned. The youth need to be told or explained as to who is on their side, and who is not.

You don't empower any one by telling them, they have lost their will to persaver.

By teaching our youth, is how we will survive against our opponents. Teach them to hold up our community first.

I'm sure we can agree on this.

I never disagreed with any of what you said. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Perhaps offense has been taken with the word "preservation"? Either way, my thoughts are of collective works among black people and why so many seem to object to collective works. The only conclusion I could reach is a loss of understanding as to the benefits of collective action. That's all I'm saying.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back