Black Christians : Reading the Bible in Hebrew.. (and some Hebrew language tools)

This site has a transliteration of the original Hebrew that will allow you to study the original language. I have to say.. it's really really interesting to speak and hear these verses in their original linguistic context.

http://biblelexicon.org/genesis/1-1.htm

Here is a link to a Hebrew course.. it's modern Hebrew so it won't be directly applicable to the OT but it would help you read modern Hebrew books and analysis of the OT.

The Hebrew Basic Course is designed to teach spoken and written modern Hebrew that is the ordinary, informal speech of educated native Israelis. It is not intended as a text for the study of the Old Testament or other Hebrew literature.

http://fsi-language-courses.org/Content.php?page=Hebrew

The teacher in this short tutorial reads directly from Genesis 1:3 so you can follow along with the first link and learn pronunciation.

Peace Skuderjaymes... great contribution to the community...

I'm studying Hebrew linguistics now.. I understand why black churches didn't make Hebrew a priority back in the day.. But now in this Internet age the expense of learning Hebrew is all but gone.. I would like to see churches embrace learning the languages of the bible and see some scholarship based in the Original Hebrew, Aramaic and also the Greek translations. I think the ability to understand the primary and secondary sources will launch the black church into a new era.

I don't know brutha Skuder...from my limited knowledge of Hebrew text, many people will not like, or even accept the true meaning of words. It would cast a pall over a book they have come to love and believe in. I'm not a student of Hebrew text, but like you, I have started teaching myself.

I want to echo what has already been said....great thread!

Peace!

I don't know brutha Skuder...from my limited knowledge of Hebrew text, many people will not like, or even accept the true meaning of words. It would cast a pall over a book they have come to love and believe in. I'm not a student of Hebrew text, but like you, I have started teaching myself.

I want to echo what has already been said....great thread!

Peace!

many wont.. but many will.. and that's enough. There is revolution even in the simple acknowledgment that these texts were not written in english; that alone can lead to an entirely new dimension of understanding. An acknowledgment of language includes an implicit acknowledgment of culture.. and an acknowledgment of culture leads to a study of recorded history.. which leads to a deeper perspective.. and so on and so on.. the search for truth begins.

many wont.. but many will.. and that's enough. There is revolution even in the simple acknowledgment that these texts were not written in english; that alone can lead to an entirely new dimension of understanding. An acknowledgment of language includes an implicit acknowledgment of culture.. and an acknowledgment of culture leads to a study of recorded history.. which leads to a deeper perspective.. and so on and so on.. the search for truth begins.

So what we could be seeing is a fundamental shift in the black church. Do you know what this would do to the false prophets, money hounds, etc..? I know, and this is why they would never invite a seed like this into the fold that would have revolution grow out of it.

Peace!

So what we could be seeing is a fundamental shift in the black church. Do you know what this would do to the false prophets, money hounds, etc..? I know, and this is why they would never invite a seed like this into the fold that would have revolution grow out of it.

Peace!

Isaiah 56
King James Version (KJV)

4 For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to theLord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

8 The Lord God, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

9 All ye beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all ye beasts in the forest.

10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.

11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah 56&version=KJV

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back