Black People Politics : Question - why many Blacks are choosing Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders

Trust me, Bro. Monetary (so good to see you posting again), I think a great many of us have a very clear understanding of what's at stake in this election. It's a bitter pill to have to swallow as you hear so many people say, including politicians, that voters will be forced to choose a lesser of two evils. For those that choose to participate, it will be a major struggle for a lot of us right up until the polls, followed by thoughts of whether we have just compromised our own integrity and will it even make a difference. It's a very dark day when the choice is to vote to maintain a status quo that is already a messed up system that doesn't work for Black people, to something far scarier that could instigate a civil war that could tank the U.S. Either way, it's a slippery slope and come November, voters will define the speed of this nation's decline.

Trust me, Bro. Monetary (so good to see you posting again), I think a great many of us have a very clear understanding of what's at stake in this election. It's a bitter pill to have to swallow as you hear so many people say, including politicians, that voters will be forced to choose a lesser of two evils. For those that choose to participate, it will be a major struggle for a lot of us right up until the polls, followed by thoughts of whether we have just compromised our own integrity and will it even make a difference. It's a very dark day when the choice is to vote to maintain a status quo that is already a messed up system that doesn't work for Black people, to something far scarier that could instigate a civil war that could tank the U.S. Either way, it's a slippery slope and come November, voters will define the speed of this nation's decline.

It's nice to see you commenting again as well.

The only way to get around the situation of "...voting for the lesser of two evils" is to make sure we have qualified candidates who can get a significant percentage of white votes as well as the Black vote. I don't know. Maybe we've always been in that situation when voting.

Don't get me wrong, Destee.com Fam. I respect everyone's right to choice for themselves. However, IMHO, I believe that there are some things that are more important than our individual opinions, feelings...and even our integrity. "Give me that ol' time religion" is relevant in so many ways. Every generation has its sacrifice to make...its cross to bear.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back