Black People Politics : Black Problem Solvers - Supporters - Where are they? - Another open question....

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by blazejay, Aug 3, 2012.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Even though we have a black president, why we have no great leader to represent us on the local level or state level?
    Don't get me wrong we have good people in politics, but we need people that are great at solving problems and help build the community.
    How can one join or start something to help the community when you are the only one who want to change a situation or solve an issue?
    How can you can get people to support change when they bury their head in the sand or act as though they don't see a issue brewing?
    Even though you want the best for the community, why people are so quick to say," it this and that" before they give it a chance?
    I'm just wondering because a lot of people has advise me to start something, but won't help.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

Peace and Blessings Brother Blazejay,

Bless your heart, you've come to mind often lately. I do hope that you're doing okay, and encourage you to remain as positive as you can inside your own self ... in spite of the things that would have you discouraged, that are all outside of you and your immediate control.

I don't have all of the answers to your questions, but i've seen some of what you are speaking about.

It's really unfortunate how we do collectively sometimes ... "sticking our heads in the sand" ... "act like we don't see an issue, a cry for help" ... "can't get them to support in the most substantive of manners" ... "negatively judging every move you make" ... "won't help" ... i believe all of these things are about the same ... and a direct result of the conditioning we've come up under, this legacy of slavery ... and it's just very very difficult to break free from. Not only is it difficult to break free from, it's difficult to even see that we're doing it. In fact, your greatest critics and adversaries will come from the very people you seek to help and/or work with ... at least, this has been my experience.

The few that are able to see past it, and are moved to do things on a collective level, almost have to accept the fact that the chances are great that they'll be carrying the greatest of the burden alone. You just have to accept that, otherwise you'll be lamenting about it all the time. Not only lamenting, but it can paralyze. It's important if you do a thing, start a thing, that you do what is in your heart to do ... that brings you some pleasure on an individual level, even though it is for the collective ... because on many a day ... it will be all that sustains you.

If you can't accept that ... that you'll probably be carrying the greatest of the burden alone ... then don't do it ... because it will be the death of you, in one way or another.

I think that's why we don't see more efforts like you're looking for. Who wants to carry the greatest burden alone? There will be very few. In fact, i think that as a collective, we are doing ourselves a great injustice to continue "putting our heads in the sand" as it relates to this issue, because there is absolutely no incentive or encouragement for our youth to "work for us, our people collectively" ... almost insuring that the kinds of changes we need to see, may never be.

We have a lot of undoing to do for ourselves, and it's just not gonna be easy.

Again, if you have something in your heart to do, a burning desire to help your people ... you almost have to accept that you'll have to go it alone, for the most part ... brace yourself for a rough ride ... with the only joy in it, coming from your sincere desire to do your part, and that you are doing that ... no matter if no one else ever does. You have to resolve yourself to this, so when and if the disappointment manifests, you aren't knocked to your knees by the impact of its reality.

You remain encouraged ... i be thinking about you ... worrying about you even.

I wanted to do a video just about you, a topic you brought up some time ago, and it's still on my heart to do.

But in the meantime ... please please please ... take care of yourself, and remain as encouraged as you can.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343

Greetings Brother blazejay...

The only advice I can give you is..if it's something that you feel deep down inside yourself..Keep on pushing..don't worry about others helping...My guess is that most want to see how inspired and determine you are before they get involved. And if they don't you'll still have the satisfaction of knowing you gave it your best. All truly great Brothers started out alone. But like a snowball they grew..some like a avalance....most one snowflake at a time...but they kelp on pushing. Take a read at my tag @ the bottom.

Lilpea...:1on1:

4. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    Thank you all for the encouragement and support.
    I hope that by giving myself time to think, and meditate I can come up with something than nothing.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

You're very welcome.

And please know ... even if what you come up with looks like nothing to you ... it is something.

So long as you come out of it still living ... it is something.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

6. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    There are many people like that all over. They just dont receive or want a lot of publicity. I helped cofound a large mentoring program in Detroit. I dare say the program resulted in several thousand college grads and a few presidents of fourtune 500 companies. But that kind of leadership requires lifetime sacrifice. Today, it's about the benjamins and this generation has not taken to that. Moreover, they have families of their own to raise. We are still out here, quietly working. But we need help and young energy and ideas

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    stay focus and keep the stride it's a feat that will be hard long and heavy one that i know so well
    because our many communities need this