Black People : Question[s] for Edward

I think I understand. So you mean that people don't acknowledge fear or being afraid of someone or something and the result of that non-acknowledgement is that people de-value fear?
If the answer to the above question is "yes", is it also true that when non-white people do not acknowledge the supreme war-like position of the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) over the people THEY SAY are not white (non-white people), those non-white people will begin to de-value the supreme war-like position of the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) and use words like "lunacy" instead of "supremacy"?

NO...The de-valuing is a educational PROCESS which teaches that certain FEELINGS (fear, sadness and anger) are to be AVOIDED at all costs.

IF these are "bad", "negative", "non-constructive" 'things',
THEN one will WORK to stay away, minimize them when they surface, deny their existence. This DOES NOT mean the feelings are "gone", they are just sub-merged, suppressed, tucked away....yet...they continue to INFLUENCE Actions..unbeknowsn't to the person....just WHAT feelng is guiding their actions.
They just know they "feel sometype of way" and/or that they have not the WORDS to express that which they FEEL.

It is unacceptable to openly acknowledge...I AM AFRAID...of thus and such
or I AM SAD..about this or that.
Most people, in response to such declarations, will move to offer the person an ALTERNATIVE THOUGHT to produce a different feeling....a feeling consistent with HAPPY.

M.E.
:hearts2:

It has been my experience that even though people may not actually say verbally that they acknowledge fear of someone or something they still act it out. I suspect this is the reason Saddam Hussein was found in a hole in the ground. Or that people run when they commit a crime, rather than sticking around to say "yeah I did it and I'll do it again".

If people de-value their feelings but they still act them out how does that keep people from replacing the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) with a SYSTEM of justice?

It has been my experience that even though people may not actually say verbally that they acknowledge fear of someone or something they still act it out. I suspect this is the reason Saddam Hussein was found in a hole in the ground. Or that people run when they commit a crime, rather than sticking around to say "yeah I did it and I'll do it again".

If people de-value their feelings but they still act them out how does that keep people from replacing the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) with a SYSTEM of justice?

BlacKTasTic Question!

Is the SYSTEM of racism/white lunacy RE~placed?
Is it your sense that many are interested in ACTIVELY working to do so? and if so...HOW are they doing it?
What is the current rate of SUCCESS in RE~placing the SYSTEM:?:

It's my sense that it keeps them from replacing said SYSTEM because HOW they end up ACTING is based on limited grasp/awarness/appriciation/acceptance of the feeling state.

ex.
Now I'd like to be SPEAKING as opposed to writing.
I am FEELING excitement (on the continuum of "happy") and it requires work to slow that feeling down, not allow it to overtake me to the point where I am unable to WRITE what I'm thinking in association with this feeling. Work to "contain" the joy so's I can "make sense" in the words I type to adequately convey the thoughts!:em2100:

M.E.

Greetings Toma and Thanks for Sharing!

I'm not sure what you are saying.
When I hear the "but", I hear/sense a negation or minimization of the expressed thought preceding the "but", I then have to follow the next thought which is usually based on INDIVIDUAL PERSPECTIVE based on INDIVIDUAL EXPERIENCES.

I sense they were VERY SUCCESSFUL in have our natural subjective and creative energies become marginalized and objective thought reigns supreme.
The vast majority of Afreekan (and white-skinned) people I have worked with are clueless about how thier FEELING states work in conjunction with their THINKING. What feelings are attached to what thought. Again, I see the proverbial tangled up christmas lights which are pulled out once a year and quickly stashed away once the season is over. At least in my house, there was much work to be done to untangled those lights once and year. While there were attempts made to put them away in an organized fashion, many a year ..work was required in order to use them again.

Our thoughts and feelings become inter-twined in such a fashion and it requires work to slow things down enough to see just how those connections are manifesting.

See, in the end, your position is that LOGIC and OBJECTIVITY is where the FOCUS ought be. That's the last thing stated and where the energy goes.

M.E.

I am saying that Africans are naturally creative/subjective in the manner in which the they take in and process information. That is why we are more accepting of others than vice versa. The creative/subjective impulses make it easier for us to empathise, to feel the pain of others, to emote expressively as we do in the arts, like music etc. Malcolm X was thinking of this when he explained the difference between how a black person laughed and how a white person laughed to an audience. He said that when white people laughed it comes from their mouths, but when a black person laughs it begins with a rumble in his belly that comes out and resonates melodiously, or words to that effect. That is a process of our subjective/creative interaction with humor as opposed to the white man's objective/logical interaction with same. Subjective/creative emotions are generally spontaneous while objective/logical emotions are generally calculating.

This does not mean that black people are incapable of thinking logically and objectively. But emotionally, we are guided by subjective/creative impulses. At least, that is how I see it.

I am saying that Africans are naturally creative/subjective in the manner in which the they take in and process information. That is why we are more accepting of others than vice versa. The creative/subjective impulses make it easier for us to empathise, to feel the pain of others, to emote expressively as we do in the arts, like music etc. Malcolm X was thinking of this when he explained the difference between how a black person laughed and how a white person laughed to an audience. He said that when white people laughed it comes from their mouths, but when a black person laughs it begins with a rumble in his belly that comes out and resonates melodiously, or words to that effect. That is a process of our subjective/creative interaction with humor as opposed to the white man's objective/logical interaction with same. Subjective/creative emotions are generally spontaneous while objective/logical emotions are generally calculating.

This does not mean that black people are incapable of thinking logically and objectively. But emotionally, we are guided by subjective/creative impulses. At least, that is how I see it.

Ok...Yes..I too see "it"!
At the same time, I see that we have been programmed, encouraged, supported in denying our natural tendencies in favor of objectivity.
I experience myself as having integrated the ability to practice both/and at the same time. At least, that is my daily work towards RE~covery.

M.E.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back