Black People : Question[s] for Edward

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by truetothecause, Apr 2, 2008.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Hotep Edward Williams!

I've been wondering...In this quest for JUSTICE, what is the measuring stick for determining who needs the MOST help:?: and how is this determined:?:
    M.E.

:hearts2:

2. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    That is an excellent question. Each individual person has to decide, in a time and place of their own choosing, who needs help the most and proceed to help everyone that needs help, so they are not mistreating anyone, but they make sure to help the person who needs help the most get the most help first.

One of the things the individual person has to do is not lie to themselves in the process of determining who needs help the most. Under the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy), which is a global SYSTEM that takes into account all of the people in the known universe, the non-white people need more help than the white people. This is the effect of how the SYSTEM was established and is maintained.

I suspect your question is moreso how is it done. It's kinda like what a paramedic does. When a paramedic arrives on the scene of a car accident they are looking to help all of the people who need help and in doing so do not mistreat anyone. But they make sure to help the person who needs hel pthe most get the most help. The paramedic arrives and notices right off that there are three victims of the car accident. One of the victims is walking, not staggering, and holding their head, another victim of the car accident is laying against the curb looks like their leg may be broken because of the way it is bent, and the other victim of the car accident is in the car, they appear to be unconscious, and the car appears to be about to catch on fire.

Which victim of the car accident needs help the most?

3. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843

Thank you for your RE~ponse!

yes, in part, I was curious of the "how to's". While I agree with your analogy what I am also struck by is the number of "victims" who assert...'I'm alright", "I'm not hurt".
    This can and does happen when they are unaware of the "internal" injuries which may not come to thier attention for some time......later...

In the end, I suppose those who DESIRE HELP will be the one's to RE~cieve it and be on their way to a speedy RE~covery. They, by THEIR estimation are the ones who "need the most help" as they are able to acknowledge their hurt.

I will continue to work on minimizing my focus on those who NEED NO HELP. and give aid, care, comfort to those who ASK FOR IT. as well as ...

continuing to seek the HELP/JUSTICE my Spirit RE~quires...without SHAME!

M.E.

4. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yes, you got it! Just because someone falls down doesn't mean they need help. It is only when they reach out seeking assistance that the process for help starts. Or if they are in a situation where it appears they require assistance but are unconscious and unable to seek assistance you can ask them if they need help.

A person can't just start doing something for someone and when they ask the person they're doing they say they're helping them. The person may see it as harm, not help. You really do have to wait until the person asks for help. That is when the process of help starts unless the person is incapacitated and cannot ask, then you do what you can to ensure they understand you are going to help them or proceed to do what needs to be done to help them. Such as the unconscious person in the car that is about to catch on fire.

5. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Thank You for Sharing!

I have another question and may like to use this thread for questions or ruminations as they relate to the practice of the Code as they come up for me.

Is that ok:?:

M.E.

:heats2:

6. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yes Ma'am.

7. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    feelings

Thank You!

I've been thinking and *feeling* as I work to practice the concepts presented in the Code.
    The term *feeling* is singled out purposefully as, that is the one thing that I have difficulty with ...in practicing and sharing with other practitioners of the Code.

I'm talking about the lack of FEELING that comes across. It *feels*....no...correction....
    I THINK ..."this is kinda robotic".
    I KNOW, when following LOGIC...that process in and of itself calls for a devoid of feeling/emotional state. As a Woman of Afreekan Descent I find this to be a great challenge.

How do you *manage* the feelings that arise when in the interactional process of practicing a SYSTEM of Justice in an un-just environment:?:
    Where or What do you do with the feelings:?:

I'd like to share more yet not just yet.

M.E.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    um, can i get some help?
    :slobber:

9. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Sure Babee....What you need:?:

M.E.

10. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    A code is about logic. A code is nothing more than something that you say and something that you do. And you want what you say to be said in the best way possible, meaning no one can say it better. And you want what you do to be done in the best way possible, meaning no one can do it better. That's the goal.

In the case of building a house, you may "feel" like splitting that 240 volts in half to run 120 volts AC throughout your house but if you don't follow the Housing Code and the Electrical Code you will increase your risk of your house catching a fire and/or burning out your appliances and/or someone being harmed by electricity. The Housing Code and the Electrical Code are designed to ensure no person is mistreated by electricity or the house falling down on you while you're in it and they are also designed to make sure you get the help you need when you need it.

In the case of being in a burning building you may "feel" like jumping out of the window of the 28th story of that building but the Fire Code is designed to ensure that no person is mistreated by fire and also designed to ensure that the person who needs help the most get the most help. When watching people exit a burning building using a Fire Code some of their behavior may look robotic or scripted but there is a reason they are doing what they are doing. When the people stray away from the Fire Code they increase their risk of being harmed and/or increase their risk of not getting the help they need when they need it.

A counter-racism code works the same way. It may seem scripted or robotic but it has one purpose and one purpose only...to ensure no person is mistreated on the basis of color and also ensures the person who needs help the most get the most help. In its fully evolved state, just like any code, a counter-racism code guarantees that no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person who needs help the most get the most help.

Also, it is impossible to practice justice in a SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy). Somethings just cannot be done. You have to replace the SYSTEM of racism (whtie supremacy) with a SYSTEM of justice.

Please let me know if I haven't addressed your questions.