Honoring Black Ancestors : QUEEN'S RETURN TO THE ANCESTORS

Brother Keita ... a Dear Darling Family Member has sent money to me, for you, along with their most sincere condolences.

I am forwarding this gift, from this most Beloved Brother ... one who is ALWAYS a very present help ... though we rarely see and/or hear from him.

A Brother that loves this place, our entire African Family, and consistently demonstrates his support by giving.

A Brother I am so blessed to have been given the honor of knowing. Thank You God. :bowdown:

A Brother who is very shy ... so humble ... and wants no glory for himself, as I already know not to mention his name (without even asking).

I am sending his gift ... his money ... and most sincere condolences, to you and yours.

For those of you that need the address, so you too can send some money to Brother Keita during this life altering change in his Family's life ... here it is :

Brother Keita Kenyatta
259 Weequahic Avenue
Newark, N.J. 07112

As I said previously, even small amounts ... $5.00, $10.00, anything ... would be a great help.

Thank You Family :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

I am so lost for words right now because even though I was a little rough around the edges, she still left me a kind word. And her dedication to this site proves that she is truly a Angel. Keita I know we haven't conversed, but I wanted to let you know how we should rejoice for joy comes in the morning! On behalf of my family we will defnitely keep you in our prayers.

I want to take this time to thank everyone here at Destees for your love and support in this dark but light hour of the life and times of me and my daughter in our GREAT LOSS. This site and the people here has always meant so much to MY WIFE AND OUR FAMILY. I know that her return to the ancestors is long awaited as she sits at the royal round table of those before her.

As for myself?...I keep trying to focus on the idea that the container is no longer with me and our daughter and that she indeed left the "contents of her container in us and in everyone she met". In as much as that is true, for me, the loss is much greater in all areas of my own existence. I no longer come home anymore, for it's now simply a house with four walls. Nothing outside looks the same and the streets themselves seem to be a landscape with no meaning.

It's strange to me...and a part of myself often screams out at her asking "why she did this to me". Two days before she entered the hospital she left me two unusual things that intrigued me, made me smile and made me wonder. The first was a note on my keyboard that said; "Keita, we've been loving each other for 16 years, do you want to try for 16 more?" The other was a song by the controllers which you can all hear...

I'm grieving and angry at the same time as I find myself asking her "why she did this to me?"...knowing that there is no answer revealed for me to yet understand. I've said all I can say except that I loved her beyond words and that I'm glad that I was able to bring a joy, a love and a meaning in her life and heart that she had never known until me. That in itself is sad...to think that she had to wait 45 years of her life to begin to be happy...and even more tragic is the idea that she never really understood what she did for my life and heart...because before her I didn't have one at all.
I want to leave all here with my own message which is best conveyed in this song.

Thank you All and may you all be blessed!!!

We can be contacted at 259 Weequahic ave, Newark, N.J. 07112

Chuck:

My hopes and prayers your friends and family can and will be able to help you overcome what is easily understood as the greatest loss you've ever had to cope and deal with...

Good luck...

Best wishes...

Take care...

Peace...

I am lost for words right now. She IS one of the few people who makes me feel at home whenever i am on here. I am totally shocked and i know she will keep on living in my memory.
Now i ask myself, who is gonna help me edit my poems?
Sister Queen, you meant a lot to me and i will always remember you.

Brother Keita, please accept my deepest condolence. You have to be strong for Makeda's sake.

Best wishes.

Naa-Wuni nim maali tinja ko dooni. (May she find peace in the bosom of the most high)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back