Black Ancestors : QUEEN'S RETURN TO THE ANCESTORS

Discussion in 'Honoring Black Ancestors' started by Keita Kenyatta, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I want to take this time to thank everyone here at Destees for your love and support in this dark but light hour of the life and times of me and my daughter in our GREAT LOSS. This site and the people here has always meant so much to MY WIFE AND OUR FAMILY. I know that her return to the ancestors is long awaited as she sits at the royal round table of those before her.

As for myself?...I keep trying to focus on the idea that the container is no longer with me and our daughter and that she indeed left the "contents of her container in us and in everyone she met". In as much as that is true, for me, the loss is much greater in all areas of my own existence. I no longer come home anymore, for it's now simply a house with four walls. Nothing outside looks the same and the streets themselves seem to be a landscape with no meaning.

It's strange to me...and a part of myself often screams out at her asking "why she did this to me". Two days before she entered the hospital she left me two unusual things that intrigued me, made me smile and made me wonder. The first was a note on my keyboard that said; "Keita, we've been loving each other for 16 years, do you want to try for 16 more?" The other was a song by the controllers which you can all hear...

I'm grieving and angry at the same time as I find myself asking her "why she did this to me?"...knowing that there is no answer revealed for me to yet understand. I've said all I can say except that I loved her beyond words and that I'm glad that I was able to bring a joy, a love and a meaning in her life and heart that she had never known until me. That in itself is sad...to think that she had to wait 45 years of her life to begin to be happy...and even more tragic is the idea that she never really understood what she did for my life and heart...because before her I didn't have one at all.
    I want to leave all here with my own message which is best conveyed in this song.

Thank you All and may you all be blessed!!!

We can be contacted at 259 Weequahic ave, Newark, N.J. 07112

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank You Brother Keita ... for everything ... for sharing Queen with us ... Thank You!

My heart, thoughts, and hope for healing from your great loss, are with you and Makeda.

I Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

edit / addition :

Peace and Blessings Family,

After speaking with Brother Keita, and with his blessing (and Sister Queen's no doubt), we ask that you don't send flowers.

Sister Queen can't smell the flowers, they just gonna die, we can't eat them or use them to help purchase the many things needed right now.

Flowers can't help care for Makeda's most immediate and upcoming needs.

Please, if you were going to send flowers, or want a way to help ... please send money ... to the address above and/or below.

Brother Keita Kenyatta
    259 Weequahic Avenue
    Newark, N.J. 07112

I'm sure, at this time, even small amounts ... $5.00, $10.00, anything ... would be a great help.

Thank You Family :grouphug:

Destee

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    she was kind to me

rest in peace.......
    :angel1:

4. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Brother Keita,

I have no words right now other than to thank both you and Queenie for gifting us with love and knowledge and wishes that it be returned many times over. Peace.

5. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    R.I.P. QUEEN!!!!

Simply beautiful Keita Kenyatta...

I continue to pray for you and her family and friends

6. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I offer my condolences. I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    There are no words in any language I know

to express my solidarity, condolences and positive energy that I have for you and your daughter at this time, and I really had no idea that she was your wife.
    As a Black man with a knowledge of self and an understanding of your 24/7 commitment to the Global Black community, I am deeply saddened by this even more, and cannot even imagine the loss to the universe of the sepertion by transition of so powerful and African centered couple.
    And the union of 2 people with such power and dedication is the kind of thing and paradigm that many dream of.

Infinite Health and Proserity to you and those you love.

Your friend and partner for life,
    Ankhur

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Man you folks vibration here wasso powerful and full of love, this stuff got me crying like I knew you folks in person

9. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    Beautifully said Keita, I love you and Makeda as you know. I will keep both you in my prayers. Angel

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

After speaking with Brother Keita, and with his blessing (and Sister Queen's no doubt), we ask that you don't send flowers.

Sister Queen can't smell the flowers, they just gonna die, we can't eat them or use them to help purchase the many things needed right now.

Flowers can't help care for Makeda's most immediate and upcoming needs.

Please, if you were going to send flowers, or want a way to help ... please send money ... to the address above and/or below.

Brother Keita Kenyatta
    259 Weequahic Avenue
    Newark, N.J. 07112

I'm sure, at this time, even small amounts ... $5.00, $10.00, anything ... would be a great help.

Thank You Family :grouphug:

Destee