Black People : Proper English VS Accents

is in not intellegent to apply ones own style, techninque, and cadence (pronunciation) to a foreign dialect, that of a foreign enemey? in actuality it is only natural, therefore we are naturally intellegent.

I agree, it is very natural. I was just thinking about this some time ago.

What I hate is that no matter where we live, or how we speak, if it isn't deemed "proper English", it's always called ebonics. But with caucaisans, it's just their accent. They're hardly ever called ignorant for speaking the way they were brought up to speak.

When blacks use "y'all", "ain't", or something of the sort down here, it's ebonics, but when caucasians use it, it's just their good ol' down home southern accent in effect. Boy, I hate that ish.

Not that I have a prob with ebonics, but caucasians would(and do) have people believing we all sound the same, no matter the region, and that accents play no part; apparently, "accents" are only for non-African Americans, and we're just being ig'nant when we speak.:10400:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back