Black People : Problem Solving 101- Challenging Assumptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey thank bro

My apologies for failing to respond to this previously.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes

i appreciate it
no need to apologize you have alot on your plate

What do you think the first thing that we should do to change self destructive behavior?

of course environment, but i say the way we educate too

now you said you home schooled your kids except one, many don't have

that luxury

do you have any suggestions how the collective could accomplish that

it would have to grassroots and defy the programming presently put in place

um

I sincerely appreciate you correcting yourself. Now, I ask if you would do me the favor of answering the question in the quote that you have now correctly provided with a "yes" or a "no" answer.

i think i missed something here i didn't see a question

can you rephrase it for me please?

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

My appologies.

"The assumptions I have faced here" is that the issues that I SEE as problems, are considered SYMPTOMS, rather than problems. Or to be more specific, most consider the ROOT CAUSE of these SYMPTOMS as being racism.

Sending an issue such as "the 6,400 black men murdered by black men" through the problem solving process with "Racism" as the root cause, it seems impossible to SOLVE the problem without first eleminating the root cause....or at least separating from it.

As the guy on CSPAN said (NOT A QUOTE) {We have to eliminate white people from the face of the earth} That is what it would take to eliminate racism.....So, how do we save the lives of 6,400 black men who are killed each year by black men if racism is the root cause, without eliminating the root cause???

Thanks for your question, Bro. Clyde If this does not clear up my statement, please feel free to let me know and I will try to make it clearer.

excel10k,

Thanks for clearing that up! As promised, I can now submit the balance of my reply to your response. To the issue of whether the problems stem from racism as symptoms, or whether the problems faced by blacks can be distinguished from racism as unique, once the issues are feed, if you will, into a problem solving methodology, that process, at the end of the day, should provide real solution.

So, in my view, it makes no difference what is placed into the method used for such problem solving, the end result would be a solution of one kind or another. On that, can we agree? If not, please explain where we differ.

i appreciate it
no need to apologize you have alot on your plate
Thanks for understanding.

What do you think the first thing that we should do to change self destructive behavior?
I think the FIRST thing we need to do is build unity and stop the internal fighting where we attack blacks who don't think like us. We really are all on the same team.

Then we need to come to the table with a spirit of unity for the common cause of addressing our problems with the INTENT TO SOLVE THEM, being willing to give serious consideration and respect to all who are interested in the problem solving process.

Then we need to identify specific problems and analyze them in a recognized problem solving process where all assumptions are challenged and scrutinized.

of course environment, but i say the way we educate too
I think this is deep. I see some obvious problems in education or I would have my children attend. But, how we educate depends on what our ultimate objectives are. If we are educating our children for seperatist life, able to live apart from and completely independent of white people, then we have to completely overhaul education for our children. On the other hand, if we want jobs and equal opportunities with white owned or managed companies, we have to perform in the same educational environment as our competitors (Just as Asian's, Hispanics, etc.)

My problems with the education system is mostly religious. But, as a home schooler, I get to teach my children more than they would be exposed to in public school system about African American history and our plight. They get a lot more than just a month of AA history.

Yes, the way we educate would certainly be on the table for discussion.

The "environment" as you mentioned, is HUGE. That is why I am such a STRONG ADVOCATE for intact families. Do you remember "Good Times"? Can you imagine JJ being self-destructive? They lived in the ghetto, and had a very tough existance, but they were NEVER self-destructive. I realize this in just a TV show, but the point is SOLID family structures with a MAN fulfilling his role as father, protector, & provider can overcome environment.

now you said you home schooled your kids except one, many don't have

that luxury
I understand. Home school is almost as expensive as private school. It is certainly a sacrifice, but I think everyone should at least consider it. I think making this sacrifice requires a challenge to our assumptions as well. I used to think it took two incomes to survive. I used to think that my children would suffer socially if I did not allow them to go to public schools. I have found neither to be true.

do you have any suggestions how the collective could accomplish that

it would have to grassroots and defy the programming presently put in place

I absolutely agree with the need for "grass roots" solutions. I think Tavis Smiley has some great insights. There are several other leaders who I think have great insights, but these ideas do not effect the guy on the street who has to make the choice to live according to what these leaders advise.

I will give more details later, but here is what I think:
Change in the patterns of self-destruction have to be based around us acknowledging the problems and spreading the word rapidly that we, the black community are on the move, making a definative change in our problems that we can control (we can't control being descriminated against, but we can control rather we shoot a brother or sister). We need to spread the word to the grass roots level that the collective community can not sit by and tolerate our brothers killing our brothers...in other words, the community at large must rise up against those of us who are destroying us.

This must be done in love. It may require us to alienate those of us who don't play along initially, but it is for the greater good and the bigger picture. Eventually, those who are alienated will be welcomed back when they recognize that we are only acting on behalf of saving the lives of 6,400 brothers each year, who will be there with them to fight the external enemy. We need all of our soldiers. Infractracide is self-destructive. Once it is known throughout the community that the community will not condone directly self-destructive acts of murder, the murder rate will go down. Unfortunately, I see many, many of these victims each and every month.

Other grass roots opportunities exist in education as well as other problem areas we face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back