Black People : Pregnant woman tazored for not signing a traffic ticket

That Bill you cited, Brother Josef is dated 2006...Here's what the summary said:

For me, it's about whether or not those officers had legal grounds to arrest her for not signing the ticket.

If so, then she was "resisting arrest."

If not, then the arrest was unlawful and the tasing was unlawful.

I get that sis, that is why I posted those links...

the incident in question took place in 04,

the traffic infraction provision was not modified until 06.

meaning......

I get that sis, that is why I posted those links...

the incident in question took place in 04,

the traffic infraction provision was not modified until 06.

meaning......

Ahhh.... Well, that's another kettle o' fish, aint it.

I also found this:

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Pregnant woman 'Tasered' by police is convicted

By HECTOR CASTRO
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

.... her criminal trial last week on charges of refusing to obey an officer and resisting arrest....

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/223578_taser10.html

I understand that she broke the law by going 15 mph faster than the speeding limit inside a school zone, and I understand that she refused to sign the ticket. However, I felt that the force that was used was inappropriate and I stand by my thought. Regardless of if they detained her or not, it was how they went about it that caused me to disagree with them on that part.

That goes without saying my hypothetical above about a older lady getting slammed down by a 6'2 250lb police officer. It wouldn't be right for him to use that much force on a lady in her age, as I would say it was unnecessary force and in Football would be unnecessary roughage...he gets a penalty of 15yards!

I understand, and it was excessive to me too, but we cant jump from one foot to the other by

admitting she broke the law or was accused of it,

then refused to sign a citation,

then resisted arrest, by not obeying the law...

then say "well they did not have to do all THAT to her"

I was not there, but I have been stopped before, why would I resist a traffic ticket, why would I even want to get into their mix?...

I guess I will just be what some here might call a go along to get along slave minded negro, but if I have proof that I was not in the wrong, and can prove that I am innocent, I will let the cop do his/her job & stand a better chance of not being the Brother getting tased, or maced, or shot, or arrested...

We must first deal with what caused her to be stopped to begin with...
it was not the end of the world, that she was given a ticket we have all been there

right?
at this point you (meaning she) have nothing to prove

take the ticket, and get on with the day...

gosh..

I understand, and it was excessive to me too, but we cant jump from one foot to the other by

admitting she broke the law or was accused of it,

then refused to sign a citation,

then resisted arrest, by not obeying the law...

then say "well they did not have to do all THAT to her"

I was not there, but I have been stopped before, why would I resist a traffic ticket, why would I even want to get into their mix?...

I guess I will just be what some here might call a go along to get along slave minded negro, but if I have proof that I was not in the wrong, and can prove that I am innocent, I will let the cop do his/her job & stand a better chance of not being the Brother getting tased, or maced, or shot, or arrested...

We must first deal with what caused her to be stopped to begin with...
it was not the end of the world, that she was given a ticket we have all been there

right?
at this point you (meaning she) have nothing to prove

take the ticket, and get on with the day...

gosh..

In the end that is your stance and I am not disagreeing with it. I was just stating and will do so again how it was unnecessary as you to seem to be in agreeance with. In the end she could have took the ticket and kept it pushing. For some reason she did not; everyone is not going to perform how we deem they should, or how the next person is going to respond. To a ticket, a brow beating or anything from authority.

Either way, she may very well think about how she's going to respond to a ticket if she gets one again, and the police office may very well think about how he's going to respond to a situation as this. Thank you for your thoughts.

one does not have to sign the ticket, never had to ... well, at least for the last 50 years that i've lived in seattle ... besides, that is one of a citizen's first places to exercise their freedom to express their opinion. the citation would have been mailed, the process would have continued, but the citizen would have been on record as being opposed to the way things were handled. also, she made mention of a doubt that it was actually her. in any case, what was he gonna do? continue to inflict capital punishment until she signed the ticket?

ah well, massa supremelunacy done said that y'all just gotta do what they say do when they say do it "or else". reckon you can have as much of that as you want. personally, i'd prefer to keep telling them NO in any fashion that i can until enough of you finally decide that you've had enough of 1500 years of this planet jackin Africa like this. until then, sadly, you're just as much "the enemy" as they are.

ain't gonna get to no "liberation" as long as ya keep doing it the way the oppressors tell you to ...

i trust she'll respond to another bs situation in the same fashion. that's how they keep you right where you are - get you afraid to stand up for your rights next time, too ... again. and i thought i heard reference to "warriors" around here ... smh

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back